Not open for further replies.

dmonkey21

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm going to make a comment... which will probably get a less than favorable response... the only reason he has that much finished is that he swooped in and is working off the already completed files.  This isn't news, it is fact that he admits in his first post.  People who have read the other thread (the whole thing) have seen my involvement in the project.  I came in late in the game, about the same time as Geunt.

At this point I am all for a project completion... but I think we need a little more amiable discussion, instead of a coup de tat.  Project management needs to be revised, agreed, but I think we, as a community, are going about it wrong.

It's not true, you are making the same mistake made by this project from the start.
Making a translation is not only translating, it's also romhacking.
And on this topic, your project had... nothing.
I've never said anywhere that I had translated something. I'm just saying that I know how to produce patch, and how to edit the text in the game. But almost all of the "completed files" you talk about are not so completed. Why ? Because, no one ever bothered to thing about how it will look ingame, and it seems people have forgotten that doing a game translation is not all about editing text files.
I'm really not blaming you because the files on which you are working are the only ones where some thinking has been done about how it will look ingame.
I'm also wanting a fork because I think the past project needs to be started off new grounds and better foundations, it's not a takeover and I'm not preventing anyone from working in the past project. I'm making the fork because I'm up to the point where I've involved too much time to see it lost...

No matter how you feel about how well done the translated text was, you are still just taking that same text and using it in a project that it was not intended for by the people who initially did it. deufeufeu, it is not your right to take all of their work just because you want to start a new project, even if you think you can do a better job. In my opinion it's basically plagiarism. Before I get flamed for this, please note that I am all for the completion of a JUS Translation, and no I have not participated in any of these projects, but you can't just deam every1's work on the first translation as worthless so you can make one. You should work with them on a project everyone agrees on doing. To me, this seems like the same ethics behind a translation that might use the text off of a GameFAQS translation... Just my opinion.

umm...
unsure.gif

QUOTE(FAST6191 @ Jan 9 2008, 11:05 AM)Given half the people responsible for both projects have already posted saying OK/I am here to help/go for it....... people can be assured of no war. We both seem to be in it for the game rather than for the first to the finish line side of things.

I do however propose a friendly contest, pinging ideas off each other/ demoing different concepts sounds like a sure fire way to make things better.

ya sorry I missed fast's post, and I hadn't noticed other people who actually translated psot.

D

Deleted User

OP
Sweet! Thanks a bunch for this! Now when you're done with this, mind going back to Final Fantasy Tactics A2 and finishing that up? Thanks again.
I'm the romhacker what do you want me to finish ? FFTA2 has a good editor than can edit any string in the game, show it as it will appear and allow to patch a rom. The only thing left is a really hard to fix bug when ending some missions.

CheckYourSix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The plot thickens. Very interesting, I've been trailing this patiently for a while now. I was happy either way but lookin' good so far. *waits 'til the end of the week* this'll keep me occupied to Advance Wars : DOR.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Some of you seem to be under the impression the old project died and is being started anew: this is a fork, the entire reason we made the original project as open as it is was to allow others to do their own patches/releases/fixes.

The original project is still on track and will release patches.

iori-kyo-k

Trophies
Website
www.jeux-france.com
XP
Country
France
We can understand it requires a lot of time, especially since you all seem to want a perfect translation.

But you can understand too that we are waiting for this for a year now, and someone took the project apart and announced a patch this week end.

How not to be excited about it ?

mixinluv2u

Trophies
Website
www.glowsticking.com
XP
Country
United States
i am in touch with geunt, and will begin editing koma graphics either tonight or this weekend.

the font will most likely be Cosmic Sans, as i believe that is the font people used for manga translations.

jgu1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you very much, this seemingly is already better then the other translation group because they stopped completely recently after it went private that there would only be beta testers. I find it stupid. It's a patch for a game that everyone loves. Why keep it, i've pretty much already lost interest.

wiithepeople

^^didn't play it that much, but I love it =D
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm going to try it out too, I'll tell you what I notice cuz I can't really compare it to the clean, unpatched rom (I've never played it).

edit: I have a question: when I run the patcher it shows a black box for like a tenth of a second and then it disappears and nothing happens. What'd I do wrong?

Mewgia

drifter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for this Deufeufeu. I never liked the closed beta thing, even though I got on the team. The loooong wait time for a patch was not to my liking either (see my various posts against it). So thanks a ton for doing what should have been done.

Also, this should be on the front page.

F

Fiddy101

OP
I'm going to try it out too, I'll tell you what I notice cuz I can't really compare it to the clean, unpatched rom (I've never played it).

edit: I have a question: when I run the patcher it shows a black box for like a tenth of a second and then it disappears and nothing happens. What'd I do wrong?
You actually drag the .nds file to the patcher
smile.gif

Jac834

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for the patch, Deufeufeu. And thanks to the other people that translated the game as well. Nice job!

P.S. wii_will_rule, I think that you're supposed to drag the clean rom over the exe file (someone tell me if I'm wrong).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Remember when RiiShop was a thing?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    not really
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It got shutdown because somebody "accidentally" leaked the database for the amount of people using the beta.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    RiiShop is the laziest way of downloading Wii games. Did somebody not think of this through?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    although i ended up accidentally changing my nand with no way of going back bc i didn't know you needed a gamecube controller to restore it (i have a wii minus/1.1, which doesn't have gamecube controller support)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, I think you're talking about the recovery mode that the SaveMii used, and also was to restore softbricked systems.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    If your NAND was hardbricked, then just buy another Wii. Or go with the dirty NAND flasher method.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    and if i find the sd card i have my NAND backed up on, i can not only restore the NAND if i solder the right part in, but i can also put my NAND on dolphin, then i can play dolphin online, like PMEX Remix or MKWii Riibalanced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Brb
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Oh yeah, that was a thing too. Dolphin does support Wiimmfi.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah you just need to put your NAND backup with wiimmfi on it
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ngl i feel like if a bunch of my friends have wiis and know how to get wiimmfi and back up their NAND, then we could do a PMEX Remix tournament
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    maybe even add UMVC3/DBFZ and make it a biathlon/triathlon
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Too bad Excite Truck wasn't multi player :(
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Loved that game lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, sorry for the stupid suggestion I had in that thread
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its fine
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    what thread?