ROM Hack Jump Ulimate Stars Translation Project

D

Deleted User

Yeah, I mean that the reason they did it was because of the incompetence of this project (OK, a bit harsh words lol)

Without this project there would be no NEW project.
I want to say GTFO, but that would be rude. :if-only-gbatemp-had-a-middle-finger-emoticon:

The project never claimed to be finished at any time. That Christmas date was only an estimation, and it was for the INTERNAL beta patch. It wouldn't bother you anyways.

Argh! I wish some people would read earlier posts!
lecture.gif

I said, I didn't mean to be rude, and I think I used the wrong word, I didn't mean incompetence (fucking hell, I hate words!
tongue.gif
) I think I meant laziness (Again, no offence, what I mean is that there have been NO updates AT ALL.
Hell, if you read the percentages on the website, they have been EXACTLY the same since November >_> And believe me, I HAVE been basically checking that website every day!

wacko.gif

ThReAtEnEd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I mean that the reason they did it was because of the incompetence of this project (OK, a bit harsh words lol)

I want to say GTFO, but that would be rude. :if-only-gbatemp-had-a-middle-finger-emoticon:

The project never claimed to be finished at any time. That Christmas date was only an estimation, and it was for the INTERNAL beta patch. It wouldn't bother you anyways.

Argh! I wish some people would read earlier posts!
lecture.gif

I said, I didn't mean to be rude, and I think I used the wrong word, I didn't mean incompetence (fucking hell, I hate words!
tongue.gif
) I think I meant laziness (Again, no offence, what I mean is that there have been NO updates AT ALL.
Hell, if you read the percentages on the website, they have been EXACTLY the same since November >_> And believe me, I HAVE been basically checking that website every day!

wacko.gif

just because you say "no offence" doesn't mean it won't offend them

that's like saying "no homo" after making out with a guy
lecture.gif

so stop now before you make things worse
grog.gif

D

Deleted User

OK, all I'm saying is that the translation patch (the original project) should have at least had a beta made of it >_> I'm no "fanboy" of the other patch, I just like the fact that the project is actually frequently updated with news and stuff.
So NYAH

Ichida

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
All the other project really dubbed was fighter names, as far as I can tell. Also, the Japanese text for mission objectives is strangely squished together, but not translated.

D

Deleted User

Ya know, since they have a bunch off these at 100%, couldn't they just put those into their respective files and release them? Or is there more to it?
Now you know in fact there's even room for a http address and the game autodonwload translations and put them in the right place in the right format... Seriously if it's as easy do it
smile.gif

By the way, the 0.1 patch translates a lot more than mere fighter names.

BigBob85

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
bigbob85.insaneparadox.com
XP
Country
just because you say "no offence" doesn't mean it won't offend them
that's like saying "no homo" after making out with a guy
lecture.gif
OMG.. LOL!

This translation preferd to do a private beta testing, rather than public. Thou, I think they never got around to doing that yet. And I belive they've translated basicly the whole game, except komas and quiz and a few bits here and there.

The NEW project is toen an open beta testing. Alot more people can test and report back about the bugs they found. Why the OLD project didnt do this I dont understand. 1000 people can find more bugs than 10.
The NEW project has also started, and I think almost finished the koma translations.

Looking foward to the next release deufeufeu!
I'd be finding more bugs in the current release ect, but im stuck on a level.. SO ANNOYING! So I havnt botherd looking around yet.

Talaria

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand

...snip... Hell, if you read the percentages on the website, they have been EXACTLY the same since November >_> And believe me, I HAVE been basically checking that website every day! ...snip...

wacko.gif

If you are referring to the Crisisunity website I hate to break it to you but they haven't been using that on for while. Not sure on the full explanation but from what i have read they are finishing the rest internally. Good luck to all the people working on the project, I still support you
wub.gif

Nguman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I hope they are doing it internally and if they are.. YOU ROCK! THANK YOU FOR TRYING TO PERFECT THIS ROM!
but if they are not: YOU ROCK I HOPE YOU GUYS ARE OK!

superkyre

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.extendedplaystudios.com
XP
Country
For the newbies coming in, here's a rundown of events:

JUSTP began with KINGOFNOOBS suggesting a translaion be made. Soon, BeautifulBeast and FAST6191 started to coordinate the process. The first step was the formation of a central translation hub, set up at http://crisistunity.com/justp. Every and anyone could sign up and translate. Some of the recognized translators, such as Jacob, Geunt, and Weiff, have made great contributions to this aspect of the process. Other aspects, such as synopsis writing, were purely voluntary. Some of the recognized contributors for that aspect are macherie, OSW, and nels.

Eventually, teams started to form to speed up the process. The first objective was for rewrites and cleanup of the existing translations. All recognized translators were involved, such as jesterscourt for the tutorials.

The next step after the rewrites and cleanup would be the actual debugging. Teams were formed among the translators from the previous groupings just for that. Unfortunately, coordination was becoming more difficult especially with the Christmas season roaring in at the time, as the teams awaited FAST6191 to finish the debugging patch. (Corrections by mixinluv2u).

On January 2nd, geunt contacted deufeufeu to ask for some help because he thought that it was a shame that all this work on the JUSTP might end up unused. Soon after, deufeufeu agreed to help and both decided to "fork" the project; that is, restart it with public access in mind this time around. BeautifulBeast has officially passed the mantle on to deufeufeu to continue the JUS Translation Project. FAST6191, geunt, mixinluv2u, and others, are now active on defeufeu's initiative. (Corrections by deufeufeu).

deufeufeu is essentially continuing what KINGOFNOOBS started, and should not be mistaken as an act of theft. This was an open project - meaning anyone could participate or give their two cents worth - when it started, and as such anyone is also welcome to spin their own initiative. Just remember this simple rule: give credit where credit is due.

(For those translators and writers who were involved but I did not mention, it wasn't on purpose. It's difficult enough to go through 125 pages, let alone every post.
smile.gif
But know your work has been pioneering, and an achievement in its own right).

(Apologies to deufeufeu for the mispelling. My bad. And if this "summary" of events is erroneous - my bad as well.
smile.gif
Feel free to correct my mistakes).

D

Deleted User

stop butchering my nickname... it's deufeufeu. Your story is not really true. I'll add the missing text. Insert after "season roaring in at the time." :

On janury 2nd geunt contacted deufeufeu to ask for some help because he thought that it was a shame that all this translations work would not be used soon. Soon after deufeufeu helped him, they both realized that the organization of the project was hindering real progress, so they BOTH decided to make a fork. and bla bla bla...

Just to say that it seems like I've done some coup d'etat, which is not the case...

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
i only contributed 1 synopsis yet i get mentioned, lol.

by the way, the size of this topic gives me a headache X_X

mixinluv2u

Trophies
Website
www.glowsticking.com
XP
Country
United States
stop butchering my nickname... it's deufeufeu. Your story is not really true. I'll add the missing text. Insert after "season roaring in at the time." :

On janury 2nd geunt contacted deufeufeu to ask for some help because he thought that it was a shame that all this translations work would not be used soon. Soon after deufeufeu helped him, they both realized that the organization of the project was hindering real progress, so they BOTH decided to make a fork. and bla bla bla...

Just to say that it seems like I've done some coup d'etat, which is not the case...
the organization of the project wasn't really hindering real progress.

the original project was at a stage where we needed the romhacker FAST6191 to finish the debugging patch. and whether it be personal life or what not he was busy and still in the process of completing the patch so the debugging team can go on to the next stage of debugging.

that was the only thing we were waiting for with the original project as far as i know.

obviously deufeufeu is another very capable romhacker that has more free time than FAST6191 (or just works faster), so he took the translated context from the original project and made the first patch and started the fork in the project. however, he also has stated that he will be pretty busy the next few months so there probably won't be another updated patch until then.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nintendo president Tatsumi Kimishima took the stage at the outset to reveal that Switch will...