ROM Hack Jump Ulimate Stars Translation Project

LordMelkor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm just curious is the translation patch intended to be a single release, or are there going to be a series releases with revisions/corrections/updates and such?

notnarb

Not narbing it up
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
@ the 2 above posters, this is intended to be a complete translation (although I doubt any of the video clips will be translated) and should only need 1 release

WasabiClock

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How much time until it is 100% done
cry.gif
?

beautifulbeast

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Update: Sorry everyone that again I took so long to post, but work has been killer (again) and I didn't have much time left for the project.
First of all, thanks to geunt and weiff for their interest and, of course, our dear Jacob33301.

Current status is as follows:

· I'll contact geunt and give him access to our repository in Google so he can update and mantain if necessary the file piece.bin (great work, by the way).
· Only three files to go: commwin.bin, chr_b_t.bin and chr_s_t.bin. The bad news is that this might be the most difficult of all and require a different approach to be completed and I don't think the wiki way is working with them (just take a look at them to see what I mean).

commwin appears to be a list of messages you get while playing and unlock features.

chr_b_t seems to be the script for some events.

chr_s_t is a list of moves.

However, when translated "the wiki style" the result is an illegible engrish that would be very hard to clean.

I'm thinking that perhaps we should create three groups consisting of translators and people who have played the game and who are willing to work closely via IM, perhaps do a page or two a day. What do you guys say? Personally I think it might be the only way to go (a difficult setup too, I know) specially since I won't be able to manage the project for some time, since I'm having surgery in a month (nothing serious, really
biggrin.gif
) and my mind is always set on that and on my work.

G

Gilrad

Is there a way to know which pieces of text appear in-game without doing a direct, character-by-character comparison?

If so, then the move list (and presumably move descriptions?) could be done in large part by people who just know the game and the respective series' very well.

geunt

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
i think commwin is not a matter
http://crisistunity.com/justp/orfile/view?orfile=6&page=1
is pretty clear and need just a little rewrite

chr_s_t ...... i think we can use this :

http://www.gamefaqs.com/portable/ds/file/933199/46489

it s the manga moment faq ! (each attack are explains)

chr_b_t is the speech from each support character when you put it close to a battle koma affiliated
to see in game this is in menu database (the third menu in the downyard line) then the koma list (the menu to the right) then select a battle koma character from the list and push Y 3 times
if you have ??? it is just because you don t have found the support character affiliate to this battle character

during my search, i m thinking about something...where is the dump of the explanation menu ....... (when you push Y 2 times)

beautifulbeast

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
@geunt: Would you like to take care of commwin or start a team for it? basically all you would have to do is rewrite it for human reading in a text file (preferablely in our repository in Google Docs). BTW, I have no idea what menu you are talking about in your last paragraph, but I have not played the game anyway.

geunt

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France

beautifulbeast

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
commwin.bin still seems to be broken to me. We have to find a way to understand when a phrase ends and begins, and some of the translations are either repeated, engrish or dead wrong. You have an example in the first "phrase":

The character
can now be used
for Deck Making !
seems to be useable for Deck Making!

It's either two phrases or the last part is repeated. And I suspect it should go more like this:

Congratulations! ??? has been unlocked for deck making!

(Leaving a ??? whenever a variable name should be included.)

I'll insist in what I said first that this could be one of the hardest files and perhaps we should use a small group of people with someone who has played (and understood) the game or something like that.

Great work with pìece.bin though, geunt. Thanks!

geunt

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
i think until the line 34 there is a something missing

evrything after seems logic and ok

maybe it's just some variable who's missing because i think it s two phrase (it s just an illusion for not saying evrytime the same sentence)

i ve just some character not unlock ... i will try to see what happen when i unlock one

geunt

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
ok i ve unlock a player
it s look like this in the mesage windows

デッキメイクで
『%』が
使えるぞ!

i think

『%』
can now be used
for Deck Making !

will be great

with % the character name

i will not put this
Congratulations! 『%』 has been unlocked for deck making!

because of space saving and because you re buying character in the game to have him useable

unlock is when you finished mission

and it s two sentence

i think i can use this format for each unlock elements ( it s the same for stage music and summaries)

geunt

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
OKKKKKKK

i found !

the second sentence !
it is when you select someone in the evolution screen who is already buy !

so when you buy/evolve someone its :
デッキメイクで
『%』が
使えるぞ!

and when you already have this one
デッキメイクで
『%』が
使えるようになっているぞ!

so it will be easy now ! i will see all variable missing !
i going a first clean then tell me if it s ok

geunt

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
i ve made some rewrite
http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=dc4pp3ts_55cg72h2
??? is not the only variable some sentence are too
no variable is missing is just that some sentences are call sevral times
like this one :
?????????is added to the database!
it is used for video intro & manga information (i ve checked directly in the game)

there is just some sentences i don't found in the game :

??????? Sample Deck, i pretty sure that it s premade deck but i have all unlocked.... and there not unlock from the evolve menu but by playing tournament .... so it s difficult to see what sentence comes after

???????pieces were aquired, in the game i think is when you unlock komas from mission and when he 's appear in the evolution chart... so it should be translate by koma unlocked, if a variable is call i think it s before (because there is a !) like:
San goku koma unlocked or san goku koma has been unlocked

?????? Hidden command
??????????? On J Character Mode
?? %
?????????????????
this one is a mystery for me

i think evrything after is ok exept
Line 52 ???t?? ????????

line 146 ?????????????????? (it seems that your rival left)
?????????Continue communication ?

line 168 ????????????????? Entry was cancelled.

i think i cannot help more...and maybe someone should check my words ..... i m french and my grammar is awful !!!!

weiff

Trophies
XP
Country
@Geunt

I have checked over your grammar, looks pretty good. I do see some changes that need corrected (common stuff for non Americans...). I can fix it up and email it to you or post it here, let me know your preference.

Edit:

This goes to the community.

From a purely proper aspect... most productions written or otherwise... do not make use of contractions. My question is: Do WE care? If so, that adds a minor amount of additional revision.

weiff

Trophies
XP
Country
@beautifulbeast If you want to do it that way I have no problem. I have been following the thread and putting in my suggestions and ideas, not really done any of the backend so you'll need to let me know how to access it. I have an account over at crisistunity, if that helps.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: @_@