ROM Hack Jump Ulimate Stars Translation Project

mdsanta

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
understood, I tend to write huge essays so I'll try to keep it small lol.

as for differences, there really aren't that many "Great" differences. In the case of HXH, apart from some filler episodes here or there, the GI ova has a similar ending to its manga counterpart but it was done in a way that, the story can actually end there and no more is needed. The manga breaks that illusion by showing one more frame than the anime. and continues onto the NGL arch which is where we have been stuck in for the last 2 years (writer has been AWOL). But obviously there is more to write about when talking about the manga.

as for Full metal, I've never read the manga personally but I was told that the anime decided to go in a completely different direction as per the creators request.

anyways I will break the description into 1 paragraph per arch which should be about 5 paragraphs long.

luki184

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Why I noticed this topic now? Can I ask: How many % of game is translated? Is there a patch? Sorry but there is 73 sites of topic and i won't read all... And sorry for my english
rolleyes.gif

mdsanta

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why I noticed this topic now? Can I ask: How many % of game is translated? Is there a patch? Sorry but there is 73 sites of topic and i won't read all... And sorry for my english
rolleyes.gif

lol I got as far as page 30 I believe then I caved in. Around that time it seems the project was at about 50% done despite what the totals on the dump site said. so it should be fairly advanced by now, looking at the dump though I can tell someone was using babelfish to translate alot of the stuff and just makes no sense at all.

thejellydude

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Beautiful Beast, I understand what you are saying, but just in case it is decided to include the information.

Manga: Gintama
Genre: Comedy, Science Fiction, Action
General Audience: Teens and above; for blood, innuendo, and a overall confusing storyline.
Number of Volumes: 17; Completed series: No
Overview: The story takes place in Edo (Known today as Tokyo), Japan, which has been overrun by an alien race called the Amanto since the late Edo period. The samurai of Japan have shrunk in poulation, and many of them have forgotten their old ways, as the Amanto placed a ban on carrying swords in public. The story focuses on a wacky samurai with a natural perm, Sakata Gintoki, his apprentice Shimura Shinpachi, and a teenage alien girl: Kagura. All three are "free-lancers" who search for work in order to pay the monthly rent, which usually goes unpaid anyway.
Extra: Gintama has a long running Anime series, with one short OVA. Gintama is also a series that becomes funnier as you broaden your background of manga, as it has numberous amounts of parodies and references.

iDaniel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey there,

I realize I have 0 posts right now but I've been lurking for a few days, and I have a few friends who play JUS (I just ordered my R4, should be here soon). Unfortunately I don't know Japanese, but I'd be glad to help proofread, reword, check grammar, etc for the English translations if that is needed; make it sound a little more fluent.

I do have a lot of homework at times (I'm a full IB student) but I'd really like to help out if I can be used
smile.gif

beautifulbeast

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
@iDaniel: Welcome and thanks for the offering. The only "openings" available right now are to write summaries about each manga, so if you are a fan of any of these, do some research and volunteer to write one.

@thejellydude and all others that want to write a synopsis: I have already set up a way for you to do so but, before I give permissions (you guys need to have a Google account, btw), we have to come to a consensuous about the format and size of each summary. I would drop some of those fields like General audience, number of volumes, etc... but maybe that's just the way manga freaks categorize their stuff, so it's up to you all (contributors, community... everyone) to decide. The more fields, the harder to fill them up when it comes to write about the most unknown of these mangas and the less space to write about the important stuff. My advice: keep it simple and short.

JacobReaper

I Love You....
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
well, im back
smile.gif
im not sick or anything anymore!! yay.. but its monday -__- start of the freakin week
frown.gif
but ive only got a slight cough.. i'll be translating after skool
smile.gif
ugh.. school.....

weiff

Trophies
XP
Country
This is my 2 cents on the synopsis recreation:

We need to have someone... with skill, translate a summary for one of the well known series, IE Dragonball, Naruto, etc. Once we have a general idea of how the original writers did the encyclopedia entries we can do a similar format or decide if the format is to be done completely from scratch. This will also give an idea of how much plot/spoilers to include in the descriptions.

I am open to criticism on my idea.

G

Gilrad

For what it's worth, so long as it doesn't conflict with the length of the summary, I would actually prefer adding in community response and stuff like that, if only to distinguish our project as something different from the original material. "Do it because we can" if you will.

Oh, and I'm ready to help with troublesome excerpts, too. So keep 'em rolling.
smile.gif

Link2999

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
almost done, just need to finish chr_b_t.bin, chr_s_t.bin, and # piece.bin
if you want this, i suggest you help out. Use translators if you can't speak jap.

Zanza

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
damn... i've been busy lately

i'll write the summary for rurouni kenshin tonight
its around 6 pm by me now

so i'd come back and write it like 8-9 pm

tongue.gif

cubin'

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
the translation still needs to be cleaned up. I believe a lot of it is machine translated or just poorly translated so it will take a while to clean up. Getting closer though
smile.gif

well done everyone that's helped

thejellydude

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Name of series: Kinnikuman
Genre: Action, Comedy, Wrestling, Sports
Number of Volumes: 36. Completed Series: Yes
General Audience: All ages.
Overview: Kinnikuman was originally created as a parody of Ultraman, a clumsy, foolish goof of a superhero was only called upon to battle monsters if no other superheroes were around.
As Kinnikuman grew, it began to develop into a manga about professional wrestling in which Kinnikuman would wrestle parodies of popular Japanese superheroes and their villain counterparts, including "The Toilet Paper Mummy", and wrestlers based on pachinko machines and telephones. The heroes and villains of Kinnikuman were collectively referred to as "Chōjin," (超人) which literally translates to "Supermen".
Kinnikuman's powers come from eating garlic, which fill the garlic meter on his forehead until he could grow into a giant to fight the monsters. His main attack was the super powerful "Kinniku Flash" beam.
Extra: The majority of the characters were made by fans who sent in chōjin character designs or ideas and were then incorporated into the story in various major and minor roles. One early minor character, Pandaman, was sent by Eiichiro Oda, who'se become well-known for his manga One Piece.

Zanza

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Name of series: Rurouni Kenshin (?????? ?????????)

Genre: Historical fiction, action, comedy.

General audience: Older teens (16+)

Number of volumes: 28

Overview: The story takes place during the early Meiji era in Japan. It revolves around the vagabond swordsman Himura Kenshin, who was one of the legendary swordsmen responsible for the overthrow of the Tokugawa Shogunate. Whilst staying in Tokyo, Kenshin encounters both old and new enemies who wish to defeat him for various reasons.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@Zanza nice writeup (not sure about vagabond though) you might mention the samurai X name and the reverse bladed sword but that is just me.

ninpou90

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Title: One Piece
Japanese Title: ?????
Genre: Adventure, Super-Human powers
Audience: Teens

One Piece is about a boy named Monkey D. Luffy. Luffy's dream is to become the Pirate King and to find the famous treasure hidden by Gold Roger: One Piece.
In the world of One Piece, there is fruit called "Devil's Fruit". When you eat a "Devil's Fruit" you get a special ability. Luffy ate the "Gomu-Gomu Fruit", which makes him a "rubberman". Because of this fruit, Luffy can stretch his limbs unnaturally far.
On his adventures, Luffy encounters many friends and foes. His crew consists of seven persons:
Roronoa Zoro, a swordsman using a very unusual fighting style called Santoryu (which means "3 swords")
Usopp, a marksman who has the habit to tell great lies. He wanted to become a pirate, because his father, Yasop, became one too.
Nami, a navigator who loves money and tangerines. Her village has been ruled by pirates, and her godmother was killed by the pirates' captain, Arlong.
Sanji, the ship's cook. He fights only using kicks, since he does not want to mess up his hands.
Nico Robin, the ship's archeologist. She ate the Hana-Hana fruit, which gave her the ability to make hands grow on objects and use them as her own hands.
Tony Tony Chopper the ship's doctor. Chopper used to be a normal deer, but he ate the Hito Hito fruit, which made him human-like and gave him the ability to speak.
Franky, the shipwright. Franky is a cyborg. His fighting style is shooting with his cyborg arm.

Together with his crew, Luffy sets sail to the most dangerous sea, the Grand Line, to find One Piece.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Good idea