ROM Hack Jump Ulimate Stars Translation Project

HellShade

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm currently trying to help with what I can make out of babelfish translations and rewording some of the English to sound more natural.

I hope this project comes to fabrication.

MrDunk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What we need to be focused on translating is Mother 3mother3.fobby.net
wacko.gif

ngiahz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i just notice that very rarely some of the japanese is wrong on the wiki. so for translators, be aware of this.

on the wiki is the following(chr_b_t.bin, line 962)
瞬歩での空中ダッシュが可煤B

it should be
瞬歩での空中ダッシュが可能。

it also seems like apostrophes and commas cause a weird problem after you enter a translation. anyway around this?

Ryjuu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
i just notice that very rarely some of the japanese is wrong on the wiki. so for translators, be aware of this.Â

?????????????B

it should be
??????????????

it also seems like apostrophes and commas cause a weird problem after you enter a translation. anyway around this?

I can't read japanese at all but I understand the game a little. And mostly if you see the letters: B, A, X, Y etc. in the text it means you must press that button
wink.gif

unr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm here, I don't have much technical skill, nor can I translate, so I just watch. You need a FAQ? What else?
We already have a pretty lenghty thread, so if any newcomer wants to catch up instead of reading everything from pages 1 to 67 (at the moment), ir would be nice to have a summary on the first post.

You know, answers to most common questions like "When is it going to be finished", "I want to help", things that need to be done (e.g. quiz), translation guidelines, etc.

I am not saying that it ABSOLUTELY has to be done, but if you would take time to do it, that should speed up the project, as it would be easier for new people to join.

ngiahz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i just notice that very rarely some of the japanese is wrong on the wiki. so for translators, be aware of this.Â

?????????????B

it should be
??????????????

it also seems like apostrophes and commas cause a weird problem after you enter a translation. anyway around this?

I can't read japanese at all but I understand the game a little. And mostly if you see the letters: B, A, X, Y etc. in the text it means you must press that button
wink.gif

uh, how do i say this... you're wrong. in japanese it makes no sense at all. because this line is describing ichigo's abilities, i was able to check the game and find the actual text. and these are passive abilities, so no button pushing is required.

unr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
By the way, I don`t know how this went unnoticed so far, but thread`s title is "Jump Ulimate Stars Translation Project"

unr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And to think that the creator of this thread is going to be translating things into english
KINGOFNOOBS has already stated that he does not know japanese, therefore he is not going to be translating anything.

Thread title has nothing to do with his english. Over 60 full pages of posts and not one person noticed the missing a letter. This misspelling occured due to fast typing, not due to bad grammar.

wifi1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll say this though, even if the game was translated into engrish instead of english, I would as hell take it over japanese anyday. Oh and

*1000th post in the thread!
happy.gif

Azn_Tomato

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I joined this forum just to ask...
How is this project going? I hate to ask but this is a rather lengthy thread, so forgive me!!

But anyways, i was wondering
1) What is the estimated time of completion?
2) How is it that some things are above 100% translated? One of the categories is at 163.something, and i don't quite understand how that works.
3) How is half of this stuff going to fit on the lines? I mean, {}{}{} in Japanese could be like --------------------------------------------- space in English, and then it wouldn't fit in the space provided very well.
4) Can i download the semi-completed version?
Thanks a lot!

HyoImowano

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I joined this forum just to ask...
How is this project going? I hate to ask but this is a rather lengthy thread, so forgive me!!

But anyways, i was wondering
1) What is the estimated time of completion?
2) How is it that some things are above 100% translated? One of the categories is at 163.something, and i don't quite understand how that works.
3) How is half of this stuff going to fit on the lines? I mean, {}{}{} in Japanese could be like --------------------------------------------- space in English, and then it wouldn't fit in the space provided very well.
4) Can i download the semi-completed version?
Thanks a lot!

The thread is really long, but it's worth reading so you don't ask question already answered several times over. All of these question have indeed been answered throughout this thread.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/o4zjzHyB-I0?si=U77XLBb-jVVqtWXz +2