ROM Hack Jump Ulimate Stars Translation Project

superkyre

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.extendedplaystudios.com
XP
Country
Super Vegeta is the pump up version of Vegeta who was bashing Cell 2nd form. And I do remember that he called himself Super Vegeta. So I think you should stay with this name

Majin Vegeta is NOT Super Vegeta, Majin Vegeta is just a pump up version of the Super Saiyan 2 form. So these two things are totaly different.

Edit:
Besides Vegeta has never become USSJ, USSJ was the form who Future Trunks transformed to, you know the big muscleman with realy slow speed
wink.gif

My Vegeta info was wrong, my bad.
smile.gif
I haven't watched the series in a long time. OVER 9000!

You guys don't know how happy I am to see the thread so alive with pictures, people switching on their consoles looking for stuff... this is really helping (and also goes to show how picky people are when it comes to the names of the different Saiya-jin stages. BTW, I'm using the Saiya-jin form over Super-Saiyan. I also grew up calling them Supersayian when not Super Warrior as they were called in the Spanish sub, but I think we should respect original names when possible.

I don't know if I'll be able to post much during the weekend, but I'd like us to get to a conssensuous before Monday so the file can be given the OK.
This is what we have so far:

178. ?? Goku
179. ??????? Goku (Saiya-jin)
180. ???? Vegito
181. ???? Vegeta
182. ????? Vegeta (Saiya-jin)
183. ??????? Gohan (Saiya-jin)
184. ???????? Gohan (Saiya-jin 2)
185. ????? Gotenks
186. ?????? Gotenks (Saiya-jin)

Let's see if we can figure the names out.

Yeah, using Saiya-jin/Saiyajin is being faithful to the original material, no argument there. (My God, we DBZ viewers really are nitpicky, aren't we?
biggrin.gif
).

@Gene98 : Nice work!
smile.gif

smallkidd

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You guys don't know how happy I am to see the thread so alive with pictures, people switching on their consoles looking for stuff... this is really helping (and also goes to show how picky people are when it comes to the names of the different Saiya-jin stages. BTW, I'm using the Saiya-jin form over Super-Saiyan. I also grew up calling them Supersayian when not Super Warrior as they were called in the Spanish sub, but I think we should respect original names when possible.

I don't know if I'll be able to post much during the weekend, but I'd like us to get to a conssensuous before Monday so the file can be given the OK.
This is what we have so far:

178. ?? Goku
179. ??????? Goku (Saiya-jin)
180. ???? Vegito
181. ???? Vegeta
182. ????? Vegeta (Saiya-jin)
183. ??????? Gohan (Saiya-jin)
184. ???????? Gohan (Saiya-jin 2)
185. ????? Gotenks
186. ?????? Gotenks (Saiya-jin)

Let's see if we can figure the names out.

whoooo sorry to brust your eyeball BUT Saiya-jin is the race, "super Saiya-jin" would be the term for your "Saiya-jin"
grog.gif

HipN

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Why not just cut the names down to SSJ instead of Sayin-Jin? I mean, I think every one that likes this game like we do, or has seen Dragon Ball Z knows the short form.

Gene98

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
QUOTE said:
Why not just cut the names down to SSJ instead of Sayin-Jin? I mean, I think every one that likes this game like we do, or has seen Dragon Ball Z knows the short form.

i LOVE this game. It's my fav multiplayer game and #2 fighting. i never watched all this kiddy anime like "Naruto", "DBZ" etc. only jump mangas i am reading are OP and black cat, and will read Keshin soon. And so i dont know what ssj and etc are

K

KaliKot

SSJ is super saiyan where they turn golden hair? oh cmon man at least tell me you have seen it before

db has been around since 1989 and its one of the pioneers of modern manga and anime

JacobReaper

I Love You....
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

Codekingmss

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Those aren't "kiddy anime" They are jump manga just the same. The american shows for both are butchered though.

SSJ would be a good way to show the powered up forms .

jambi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any way possible to compile what they have done so far on the translation project to make the ROM, or must it be 100% complete? I'd love to be able to play with what has been done yet.

Midou Yamato

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Its better use the short version of Super Saiyan-Jin like SSJ, SSJ 2 etc.

And about Vegeta, i suggest use Vegeta and Super Vegeta when he is SSJ.

About Goku, you can use his original name: Son Goku.

Ex:

Son Goku
Son Goku (SSJ)
Son Goku (SSJ2)

Vegeta
Super Vegeta

Son Gohan
Son Gohan (SSJ)

Of course, this is only my sugestion

Gene98

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
only I thinking that if ORIGINAL CREATORS of game, with manga publisher suport made that "title" NOT in brackets, unlike 80% of other _another_form_battlers_, they didnt made that for nothing?

ninpou90

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Great work so far, guys!
bow.gif

Now my humble, n00bish opinion: I prefer the term Super Saiyajin rather than jus Saiyajin. Except when they don't have golden hair, then they are just Saiyajin.

JacobReaper

I Love You....
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
@bouzekry It's not only the nomenclature, but I'm asking if those are the real names. It's not 100% clear if it should be Vegeta (Saiya-jin) or Majin-Vegeta or even Super-Vegeta, and the same thing for the others.

Vegeta's 6 block should be "Majin Vegeta" as you see by the M on his forehead..

and i think it should be like, EX:

"Goku (Super Saiya-jin)"

"Goku (Super Saiya-jin 2)"

salvamala

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I would just like to say thanks guys for all the work you guys are putting in to make the translation happen. Now about the matter of naming characters I think you guys should stick to whatever the original creator intended instead of the english name given by the american licenser.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ