ROM Hack Jump Ulimate Stars Translation Project

mixinluv2u

Trophies
Website
www.glowsticking.com
XP
Country
United States
it looks like... tag team from JSS (old game)
I am serious.
In JSS u could use some super-attacks with 2 battlers if u have all 3 _jump_ komas
Here is some info from game faqs: http://www.gamefaqs.com/portable/ds/file/925599/42860
QUOTE said:
In order to do any tag-team attack, you must have A) 2 battle komas (4-7 squares
in size), and B) the Friendship, Effort, and Victory help komas

In JUS there are NOT tag-teams.
that kind of make sense. however, is it possible that some characters have a special ability that allows for the tag team attack (Super Tag) to happen when all 3 types of help komas are present?

unr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wow im tired.. i just did like 2-3 hour of translating
DS community loves you
bow.gif

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just thought I would post to say although I have not been posting much in the topic I am still reading and I find this discussion of late very interesting.

Alas we are down to subtle nuances and anime/manga discussion which leaves what little Japanese I have standing.

smallkidd

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
hey how is it possible for you to translate this? are the hex not specialy encoded for this game? because i tried hexxing a backup for it's word datebase but had no luck because either the words are generated or encypted with different ascii style.

ngiahz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
to add to the vegeta debate, if you look at the koma list, none of his forms are called super saiyan. they are all listed as super vegeta instead. im sure why they didn't say super saiyan, but maybe we can just leave it as they have it and call all of them super vegeta. (maybe super saiyan vegeta was too long for the menu?)

smallkidd

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

Gene98

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
mb. I dont know jap, i'm only trying to help with game-system questions.
btw may be it's something like models from beta-test in WC3? Developers just 'forgot' to delite not-used materials?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There are no dump text programs with the possible exception of kenghots FF3 one and deufeufeu's phoenix wright stuff:
http://www.romhacking.net/?category=&Platf...Go&title=&desc=
I think there is some stuff for pokemon as well.

US/EU games can use all manner of encoding, ASCII/unicode and the konami table (where all the lower case letters actually line up with the upper case ASCII) get a good bit of usage though.

Other than that you find the table the same way as every other system: find the text (nice/often fairly simple as DS roms tend to use a well documented file system or a simple abstraction on top of that with the files having obvious names).
Luckily emulation is pretty good which makes the next few steps easier.
Once text is located and assuming the font is not obvious (some games have the font in a
ASM hack/tracing. Harder than the following methods but it works all the time if done properly. Can also be used on compressed text that you can not easily decompress (most stuff is LZ compressed on the DS however).
A relative search can be performed (in most "text codecs" a comes 1 value before b) so you can search for that). Not all fonts are relative though (or contain dual tile encodings) and some are 16 bit with some relative searchers have problems with.
Corruption: alter a value and see what appears
Tied to corruption is brute force where every value is tested to see what comes up.

This is somewhat off topic though so can I suggest a new thread if you want to continue this discussion in any depth (not to mention it may benefit someone else).

smallkidd

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
whoops I didn't want to be off topic sorry, but I think I have the info i need. darn the encoding trickery!! i can't belive with the hacking exp I have I can't find some dumb text. thanks and to be on topic I would like to thank people for translating this game even though I havn't played it, but I will once the translation is complete!

Sir5er

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You can see by the M that 6 korma is majin vegeta.

In response, Vegeta did go USSj during his training with trunks in the time chamber, they both emerged with a the capacity to increase their body mass during SSj form without entering SSj2. Although some people consider the state vegeta enteretd to be of less body mass then trunks you can see in the link below that it is still significant.

Here is a picture of Vegeta in this form:
http://ssjpower.net/ssj/ussj.jpg

Seeing as there is no obvious difference in the size of Vegeta's body in the image shown:
http://sdb.drshnaps.com/sheets/Media/Other.../JUS/Vegeta.png

I think it's safe to say that Super Vegeta is merely Super Sayin Vegeta.

I got my text working on my computer so i'm going to start translating with the help of Kanji Sono Mama Rakubiki Jiten for my DS.

beautifulbeast

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You guys don't know how happy I am to see the thread so alive with pictures, people switching on their consoles looking for stuff... this is really helping (and also goes to show how picky people are when it comes to the names of the different Saiya-jin stages. BTW, I'm using the Saiya-jin form over Super-Saiyan. I also grew up calling them Supersayian when not Super Warrior as they were called in the Spanish sub, but I think we should respect original names when possible.

I don't know if I'll be able to post much during the weekend, but I'd like us to get to a conssensuous before Monday so the file can be given the OK.
This is what we have so far:

178. ?? Goku
179. ??????? Goku (Saiya-jin)
180. ???? Vegito
181. ???? Vegeta
182. ????? Vegeta (Saiya-jin)
183. ??????? Gohan (Saiya-jin)
184. ???????? Gohan (Saiya-jin 2)
185. ????? Gotenks
186. ?????? Gotenks (Saiya-jin)

Let's see if we can figure the names out.

beautifulbeast

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
@bouzekry It's not only the nomenclature, but I'm asking if those are the real names. It's not 100% clear if it should be Vegeta (Saiya-jin) or Majin-Vegeta or even Super-Vegeta, and the same thing for the others.

Gene98

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
cant post images, so link:
http://rd.foto.radikal.ru/0708/bd/331ab6d3d8e0.bmp

0)All names in right part of screen are battle-names of 4-8komas. Battle names are in eng, so i dunno they are best from the start...
1)Goku8 does NOT have name * Goku. His name is different and his in-battle name (in-battle names are in eng) is "Vegetto"
2)Goku6-7 have name "* Goku", not "Goku (*)"!!! NOT in brackets
3)same about Vegeta5&6
4)It's "* Gohan" and "* 2 Gohan", not "Gohan (*)" and "Gohan (* 2)
5)Same about GOtenks

PS
srr for paint-art ^^

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...