ROM Hack Jump Ulimate Stars Translation Project

gordillo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
and for people who didnt no that was his name in the first place, we learn a new thing about the character
laugh.gif

I like it as Mr. Satan

G

Gilrad

Need translation:

316. ????????
331. ???????

in Komatext.bin.

Thanks.

The first one is Nami's most powerful form... Can't remember how it's translated, but the Gamefaqs guides call it Perfect Clima-Tact or Perfect Clima Tact.

Second one... I see the kanji for 100 hands, thick bowels... I'm stumped.
smile.gif

Maybe it's a name? For anybody knowledgeable in the Jump Universe, is there a two-word name or technique that begins with hyakute?

Oh, and as for the Jump Universe, black hole, planet thing, they're all different overworlds in the adventure mode. That includes Jump Planet, which is the last set of stages, where you unlock all the super powerful characters. Oh, and I believe Earth is the very first one, too, where you go through the tutorials.

edit--Oh, and 212 is Hya J. Don't know why that j is there, though.

salvamala

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
im just wondering. can you guys give us an estimate of how long you guys are going to take to finish the translation? if you cant thats ok.

Nguman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ESTIMATION: October/November thats good considering the game will never come to North American.

I prefer MR.SATAN why? B/c its cool.

NemesisHunter

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Sticking to the original name from the Japanese versions of animes and mangas are usually preferable. If we give the english-dubbed name of Hercule to Mr.Satan (original japanese name), we'll have to start considering the English names for all the other characters in JUMP! as a possible option.

saitou187

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Funimation also released uncut episodes on DVD/VHS which refers to him as Mr. Satan. The following link from the Funimation store also has his name listed as Mr. Satan in the episode description (apologies, didn't mean to advertise).

-saitou187

Naming confusion:
First, how do you guys call this guy in the English version of Dragon Ball, Mr. Satan or Hercule?
mrsatan.gif
Google Images
And also, does this sound good? Super-Saiyan 2 Gohan

Hercule is the approved English translation (in other words, used by Funimation, the American dub distributor), but his original name in the Japanese dub is indeed Mr. Satan. I'd stick with the name Mr. Satan to respect the creator of DBZ, Akira Toriyama.

Yes, Super-Saiyan 2 Gohan is just perfect.
smile.gif
Yes, I'd restore it to Mr. Satan too for the sake of being true to the original. Let's see what others think (I hated the character in the anime though and never understood why that was his name :S).

Zanza

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
hmm...about the naming issue:

use the subs' names like Mr. Satan and not Hercule

why?

because 95% of people who would play this game are die-hard shonen anime fans
and they love their subs

ph34r.gif

hope i didn't sound too demanding

Sir5er

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Shouldn't we be using the japanese words for Super Saiyan, which is SSj or Super Saiya-Jin.
I'm not sure how to view the japanese text, it comes up as "???" is there any way around this?
And if there is forms such as trunks and vegeta's inbetween forms are we calling them Ultra-Super Saiya-Jin which is the common term or the stupid name trunks called it in the manga which was "Super Super Sayin"

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://stockanalysis.com/stocks/ntdoy/market-cap/ I think they'll be alright