ROM Hack Jump Ulimate Stars Translation Project

beautifulbeast

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Update:
·Page showing list pf phrases to be translated, complete (only need to include client side behaviours and maybe pagination). Need to find a way to display kanji properly.

To do:
·Complete layout
·Integrate client side behaviours.
·Recruit translators.

Due to: Wednesday 28 in the morning.

BTW, I can't believe I'm alone with this, I thought there were others interested in the project but I still haven't received a header. C'mon, it's Goku vs Naruto vs Saint Seiya, am I the only one who is excited?

andi

Trophies
XP
Country
beautifulbeast, great work mate. If I knew how to read Japanese I'd definately give you a hand with this. I just thought I'd let you know I'm giving you thanks in advance.
smile.gif

beautifulbeast

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Update: Very happy to see people are getting finally involved in the project.
@iamwhoiam: Any height will do, just make sure it looks proportionate. The more people involved in it, the better, and the better the design we can create, the more translators will be willing to participate ('cause, this a a project for manga lovers and manga lovers love flashy visuals).
Tomorrow: Finish voting system and integrate Javascript + Ajax (nerd talking here).
Expecting: Your contribuition to the header contest!.

beautifulbeast

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Update:
· Worked on client side behaviours, but it's not complete yet (to add: Ajax).

Due date:
· Probably will be delayed till Friday, but I guess it's not too bad. Anyway the design wouldn't be complete without the header.

beautifulbeast

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Before I post the usual update, I would like to know if anyone who reads this thread can help me with the database part of the application, since I could really use someone with knowledge in SQL tomorrow. Other than that, the application is almost ready (and no sign of the headers I had requested...).

beautifulbeast

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Update:
· Ajax: done.
· Client side-Server side integration: done.
· Voting system: done (translator will be able to vote wich translation is more appropiate for each phrase).

To do:
· User control.
· Dump text into a database (any SQL expert in the room?).
· Attractive layout that looks clean yet flashy (Japanese-like)

Expecting:
· Some nice headers or else I'll have to do it myself in Photoshop, wich would mean a longer delay.

Due date:
· Saturday in the morning (this time it's for real, since all functionalities are done save for those related to user handling).

State:
· Excited because it's shaping up to be a great project and I'm learning a lot.

Mewgia

drifter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Don't make any delays because of layout or header as they are secondary and can be added in later. All that is needed is the functional translation site, and then it can be made more awesome afterwards.

rcxAsh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This project sounds like it has a lot of momentum..!

Just wanted to mention, that there is actually a Spanish translation patch of JUS that is nearing completion: http://jandujar.homelinux.com/index.php/Jump_Ultimate

I don't know any Spanish, so it's useless to me (albeit, my friend is fluent in Spanish >_< ), but I wonder if any of you would find it useful for the English translation (in terms of patching, hacking, etc). I know nothing about this type of stuff for the DS, so I hope I'm not being overly simplistic or assuming..

But best wishes with this project..!

Mewgia

drifter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
there's already a Spanish one that's almost done? Hope that means this one will move along quickly as well.
Anyways, I guess something delayed the website launch? It' already past midnight on Saturday...

beautifulbeast

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Update:
· Sorry for the delay; the application is already fully functional (not so pretty, but it works). Only problem is I'm having dificulties with user management, but I expect to fix that today.
Due date:
· Lest's cross fingers and say tomorrow Monday Apr 2nd.
Spanish translation WTF?:
· Spaniards translating Japanese? I'll believe it when I see it. I'm Spanish myself, but personally I'd stick to this project (we could ask competent people like the guys at Dattebayo Fansub to participate) and get a quality translation. Not that I have anything against Spaniards working in a project like this, but most Japanese-to-Spanish subs I've seen suck.

rcxAsh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Spanish translation WTF?:
· Spaniards translating Japanese? I'll believe it when I see it. I'm Spanish myself, but personally I'd stick to this project (we could ask competent people like the guys at Dattebayo Fansub to participate) and get a quality translation. Not that I have anything against Spaniards working in a project like this, but most Japanese-to-Spanish subs I've seen suck.

Haha
smile.gif
Yah, I actually stumbled across it when I was searching for an English translation patch (and then subsequently found this thread). I have the patched version on my flash card, but haven't played it enough to get past the tutorial, which is not translated yet. The menus and everything are translated. I can't comment about the quality, since I don't know either or Spanish or Japanese, so I take your word, since you do know Spanish.
haha, beautifulbeast, are you suprised my friend? This is nothing, I've seen an East Asian speaking in German.

The world is truly an intriguing place!
Yah! I actually have another Spanish speaking friend, and he's Chinese! So he speaks Cantonese, Spanish, and English fluently.
QUOTE(Shiro786 @ Apr 1 2007, 07:28 AM)Now back on-topic, this Spanish Translation sounds good. May God bless you rcxAsh. Now that we know that hacking the text is possible, maybe we can ask to lend some knowledge over and start cracking at it ourselves.
I'm not affiliated with that project, I just happened to find it in my searching. Originally (before finding this thread), I was thinking of asking my Spanish speaking friend to (gasp) try to translate the Spanish patch into English. This, of course, would be a horrendous way to obtain an English translation of the game.. But at that point in time, I hadn't found any clues about an English translation project in progress. But now that I found you guys, this is more exciting!

I was thinking that if you were having any more trouble hacking the ROM, that maybe that group could lend a hand. I don't all that hacking the strings in an NDS ROM entails, but from the sense that I've been getting online, it's more complicated than some other types of string replacements I've encountered in the past..

beautifulbeast

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
@rcxAsh: Actually, the folder system in NDS games makes it fairly simple to translate it's content: FAST 9161 has already provided a dump of the japanese text and he's supossed to bring it back together once I send him the translation.
Crisis!: I'm having some problems handling cookies in Ruby on Rails. If there's any RoR expert in the room, any help would be much appreciate it (I guess we can talk through IM or something).
Off topic: If anyone reading this thread still hasn't seen the new Kingdon Hearts trailer, do so at Kotaku. It's still unclear if it will be KH3 or a spinoff placed in one of the many universe of KH, but looks cool.

beautifulbeast

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Update: GOOD NEWS!!!
biggrin.gif
The JUSTP application is already fully functional, only some little details remaining, like css for style, a header, dumping the japanese text into a database and make it work on a server (wich I've never done before and I don't know if it will be easy or not). I will also have to pay for the domain, but that won't be much money.
BAD NEWS
frown.gif
I'm really tired of working really hard (and alone) in this project and I don't realy feel like polishing the details, so if anybody has the knowledge and wants to help, this is the time to say it. Right now I need people with knowledge in CSS, SQL and evangelists to spread the world to the Japanese to English translators out there with experience in fansubbing and a love for Naruto, Vegeta and company. So I guess JUSTP is hiring.

blold

Trophies
XP
Country
hey guys ^^ thanks for translating this cool game ^^

I Hope that u finish the rest quick

and sorry that i can't help cuase first i don't know japanese -.-"
and i don't know how to use the css -.-"

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users