Homebrew RELEASE Joycon Droid use your phone as a ProController or as a Joycon

  • Thread starter Thread starter matias3ds
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 39,482
  • Replies Replies 54
  • Likes Likes 12
Status
Not open for further replies.

matias3ds

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2017
Messages
3,796
Reaction score
7,148
Trophies
2
Age
40
XP
11,215
Country
Argentina
Last edited by matias3ds,
I definitely look at this when I get home. Is it compatible with an external controller paired on android? Meaning that this could be used as some kind of "bridge" between the switch and third party controllers, or even DS4 and XBone controllers.
 
  • Like
Reactions: matias3ds
Just now saw that it requires Android Pie. Can't exactly install that when I'm on Oreo.

EDIT: You might want to state that in the description on this post! Also, does it use something that's only available on Pie? If not, you're just alienating other potential users by not supporting it. Just a suggestion :)
 
Last edited by FoxMcloud5655,
This app is only compatible with android 9 because it added the BluetoothHidDevice API.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I definitely look at this when I get home. Is it compatible with an external controller paired on android? Meaning that this could be used as some kind of "bridge" between the switch and third party controllers, or even DS4 and XBone controllers.
Yeah that works. You would need this app though: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.catalyst06.gamecontrollerverifier&hl=en
 
  • Like
Reactions: lordelan and DSoryu
Last edited by The Real Jdbye,
  • Like
Reactions: DSoryu
This app is only compatible with android 9 because it added the BluetoothHidDevice API
So I see. There is a BluetoothHIDDevice API for Oreo, but it was disabled. Rooting and installing XPosed can allow you to unlock the API through one of their modules. Oh well.
 
  • Like
Reactions: matias3ds
Probably because most people download it and then find out it requires root.
The developer of joycondroid recommends that app though.
I didn't make it , but will sure tried it . After all is free and if I don't like it I can erase the App.
I have a cheap procontroller and you can't turn on the switch from those buttons , So if this app works at least for turning on the switch as you can with a joy con , I will for sure being using it .
 
  • Like
Reactions: matias3ds
I didn't make it , but will sure tried it . After all is free and if I don't like it I can erase the App.
I have a cheap procontroller and you can't turn on the switch from those buttons , So if this app works at least for turning on the switch as you can with a joy con , I will for sure being using it .
I tried using it like a month ago, but for some odd reason it doesn't work with my device (Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro Android 9)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I might try it again, but the dev told me to wait for miui updates
 
I tried using it like a month ago, but for some odd reason it doesn't work with my device (Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro Android 9)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I might try it again, but the dev told me to wait for miui updates
I have a Xiaomi Mi mix 3 , Will try it as well and let you know

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

People complain about constant popup ads and it not working as expected even with root as well.
I have no idea how it works, but Octopus claims to work without root and is far more popular.
Will try Octopus as well , thanks for the info
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News