RELEASE Joycon Droid use your phone as a ProController or as a Joycon

Discussion in 'Switch - Emulation, Homebrew & Software Projects' started by matias3ds, Jul 22, 2019.

1. gohan123

gohan123 GBAtemp Regular

Dec 26, 2012
    Germany
    doesn't even work with aosp custom rom

2. MacBlaster

MacBlaster Member

Newcomer
    Mar 31, 2009
    Brazil
    Made another test with Super MarioU, Hollow Knight and Super Mario World on retroarch (snes9x) and no
    noticeable input lag at all. With retroarch, surprisingly, works a lot better than Retroarch on android. i only has capable of this low input lag on RA Android using the second stance way. Its marvellous.

I got so confident that i paid for the "no ads" versions (and to support the devs of this amazing app).

The only issue, using RA, was when i got to Quick menu pressing minus and plus (select + start on xbox controller), the app get a little weired, the right joystick goes all up and no button working anymore. i put the right analog back on position (using the touch screen) and everything back to normal. tried minus plus once more, no problem.

Using a Galaxy S9 with Pie + Xbox One controller

3. jammybudga777

jammybudga777 GBAtemp Addict

Aug 23, 2013
    Tested this just now. Works fine as intended with barely any lag. Even used 8bitdo and this app with two joycons on 4 player works fine.Thanks for your app

Last edited by jammybudga777, Jul 26, 2019
    The Real Jdbye likes this.
  4. Al3Drk

Al3Drk Member

Newcomer
    Jun 27, 2019
    United States
    I really appreciate this app but 2 suggestions from a person with OCD
    1) Work on the UI some text are out of icon borders or maybe use more polished icons and fonts
    2) the gyro control is a mess in one game I tested (Splatoon 2)

5. SebTheThing

SebTheThing Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 21, 2019
    France
    the app works fine, but the latency is HUGE on my side. did you guys do anything to reduce latency? because i'm pretty sure it's related to my phone's terrible bluetooth

6. spenat

spenat Member

Newcomer
    Aug 29, 2018
    Czech Republic
    It says my phone (OnePlus 6, stock 9.0) is incompatible. Is it possible to get just the .apk file? Thanks!

7. MacBlaster

MacBlaster Member

Newcomer
    Mar 31, 2009
    Brazil
    I have not. All config on my phone (for this matter) is default.

8. YouTubePlays

YouTubePlays Newbie

Newcomer
    Wednesday
    United States
    Wow, I just joined here and did not expect to see people already made a post about my Application. :D

So I read some comments which says application requires root nope JoyCon Droid does not require rooted device.
    However, it requires an Android 9 phone with a HID api which some of the notable manufactures like OnePlus, LG and Motorola did not add to their own Android version (I am uber annoyed with this, like multimillion dollar companies does not follow the standard wtf).

Anyways ask me anything if you want to learn or have feature request also join to our discord if you need app support.:switch:

jammybudga777 likes this.