Hacking Homebrew JKSV or Checkpoint doesn't restore my save files

ninho14

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I still have some issues with that. I was playing the new Zelda Tears of the Kingdom (I believe it was sysNAND because when I try to run emmuNAND, the screen keeps in black), then I tried to use Amiigo HB but that blue screen appears and instead, I clicked on VOL button, I clicked on POWER button. Then the console didn't turn on so I pressed for a few seconds the POWER button and injected the payload again to run Hekate again.
So, I tried emmuNAND and black screen only, then reboot and injected the payload again and booted sysNAND and when the console came to "alive" again, for some reason the game wasn't installed. So I just installed and the save file wasn't in there.
I downloaded the Checkpoint and JKSV and checked the game and it says Time Played: 34:51 (so apparently is my "old" save file). Then when I made a backup on both HB and try to restore the backup, nothing happened.
I can't restore my save file and looks like I need to start the game from the beginning, which is very sad knowing my save file is inside the console.
All the backup files appear but non of them works when I try to restore, I launch the game but doesn't appear any "old" save files.
Can someone help me, please?

ninho14

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That's the thing. I have tried to run the emmuNAND again but it went to a black screen, but on sysNAND, it worked perfectly. However, if emmu and sys are different partitions, how could the HB recognise the save file but when I restore it, it won't make any effect on the game (doesn't appear)? I really need help with that, I really don't want to start everything again :wacko:

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's the thing. I have tried to run the emmuNAND again but it went to a black screen, but on sysNAND, it worked perfectly. However, if emmu and sys are different partitions, how could the HB recognise the save file but when I restore it, it won't make any effect on the game (doesn't appear)? I really need help with that, I really don't want to start everything again :wacko:

The nand is seperate, if you want to run it on sysnand you have to install the game, as for the emunand it sound like a broken nand where you have to rebuild probably.

ninho14

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you for the tip.
Ok, so, I rebuild a new emmuNAND partition and I am installing again the game I am talking about. When the installation is finished, should I be able to use the "old" save file?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for the tip.
Ok, so, I rebuild a new emmuNAND partition and I am installing again the game I am talking about. When the installation is finished, should I be able to use the "old" save file?

You can always inject the save file if you backed it up

ninho14

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Didn't work. For some reason, the save file that appears in the game is the same as in sysNAND (brand new one), even when try to restore the backup I did from both HBs. I don't know what can I do more

ninho14

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Seems like I need to play it from the beginning again.
Now I remember, I copied the save folder from the RAW1 folder before all of that. It helps me about my issue somehow?

Engezerstorung

Trophies
XP
Country
France
when your game disapeared and you reinstalled it, you saw that the save was empty, when you did a backup thats what you backup-ed, not your old save, so its normal that its empty
also the time played in your profile is counted independently of any save, its just your switch keeping tabs with your activity on a game. (if i were to have a 200h play of BOTW, then start a new save it would still count those "lost" 200h)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo