Homebrew Question JKSV freezes when restoring old ACNH save... help

HomebrewDaddy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
Whenever I try restoring an old ACNH save, ~1.2.1(that's has been edited), JKSV freezes when restoring just before it's about to start. I hold a until almost there is about to finish and bam, it doesn't work.

There are times where it has started, usually when I restore a 1.6.0 save before retrying the older one, but then it stops working when it tries to copy mainHeader.dat
I've also tried downgrading the ACNH version to 1.2.1 but even then, it doesn't restore (but the 1.6.0 save restores perfectly then too)

There aren't any crashes, it just stops doing the work.

I've tried finding the answers on here, Reddit and YouTube and my search brings me here...

how do I fix this?

Edit:
Still unresolved, Atmosphere is at 1.17.0, Switch is at 11.0.1, ACNH is at 1.6.0 and JKSV is at v.6.7.2020. Everything should be working and it restores on someone else's Switch but it has the same issue on mine.
I've formatted my SD card to Fat32 as well

Last edited by HomebrewDaddy,

HomebrewDaddy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
Upload it to a file hosting site then and post a link.
Well the issue is that I'm a Newbie account so I can't really post links either,, could you dm me with an email address or other contact method? if that's not too much of an inconvenience

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OP and I have been conversing over PM. There is nothing wrong with the save file, and it restores just fine on my Switch.

Last edited by Lacius,

redangel7

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I'm having similar problem. I was trying to inject BCAT files when I inadvertently did something wrong and make all games corrupted. I reinstalled from backup but somehow the save game won't be restored. JKSV always stuck at "Almost There". I tried to move the file to another folder from another backup and JKSV can restore it but the game said save data is damaged. Can anyone help?

I uploaded the zip file of the save here. Any help will be much appreciated

Attachments

• ACNH Save.zip
    9.6 MB · Views: 81

redangel7

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
So I managed to fix the problem. Apparently my failure in injecting BCAT and restoring from backup stems from the same issue which happens when I'm copying a file to microSD card via macOS. If anyone faces the same problem, I hope the following steps could help you:

1. I've seen some thread instructing you to perform terminal command sudo chflags -R arch to your switch directory to fix BCAT injection issue. This is what I did that started the whole problem. DON'T DO THAT. At least don't do it on the root directory. It mess up all your game file and even if you revert the Nintendo/registered directory to noarch.
2. Instead of that, perform the sudo command only on JKSV directory. In my case the command was sudo chflags -R arch /Volumes/Switch/JKSV/
3. This must be done after you transferred your BCAT and/or backup save file to the microSD card.
4. You can perform additional cleanup of hidden files that macOS might create by performing terminal command find /Volumes/Switch -name '._*' -type f -delete replacing "Switch" with your microSD card name.

My understanding is that macOS mess up some file property whenever it transfers to microSD card. In most circumstances you won't have any problem (e.g. when transferring cheat file). This becomes a problem however when you're dealing with JKSV.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!