jEnesisDS 0.6

Scathraax

Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
You do know that sms = Sega Master System, right? Not Sega Genesis/Mega Drive.
Oh shoot..
I shoulda caught that..
wacko.gif

Thanks for correcting me!

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Who would believe that Genesis emulation with sound in full speed is possible? Awesome!

Also those of you asking for recommended games, I recommend you Flink. It's a great platformer with beautiful graphics. I think it was developed by Psygnosis.

dockyd

Trophies
XP
Country
Well I've been following the emulation scene for 10 years now and I remember the KGEN Genesis emulator coming out on the PC. I thought that was an amazing achievement.
But this really is an unbelievable achievement. I never thought we would see a Genesis emulator with sound on the DS. Well done to all those involved.
I have just been trying Splatterhouse 3, Spiderman, Batman ans Sonic 2 and they all seem to work great.

MADKATZ99

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
That DSMasterPlus thing sounds really good, there were a couple mentionable games for the master system. Shame I cant read the site
frown.gif

Other worthy genesis games are Rock 'n' Roll Racing and Miro Machines 2 turbo tournament
smile.gif

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
oh, so FINALLY he released it to public.
I had this version for a long time but wasnt allowed to talk about it.

Cool that you guys enjoy it but I dont since most of my favourites still are mutes with this emu.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found quite a few games that just don't boot or don't play correctly:
Double Dragon (all of them) no boot
George Foreman boxing - no boot
Boxing Legends of the Ring - no boot
Road Rash (all of them.....goofed graphics)

Maybe I just didn't dork around with the settings correctly, or those games just don't work. If anyone got the Double Dragon games to work....how?

Still, I have my Sonic games, and Turrican and Mega Turrican appear to work, so I'm happy. Turrican whoops the bejeebers out of Megaman, IMO.

To be honest, I never even bothered to try jEnesisDS until this release. I can't stand to play games without sound. This emu is WAY better than I expected. While the sound isn't perfect, it's good enough to give me that nostalgic feeling.

Lordus_

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
oh, so FINALLY he released it to public.
I had this version for a long time but wasnt allowed to talk about it.

Cool that you guys enjoy it but I dont since most of my favourites still are mutes with this emu.

Oh really? The version i gave out was a beta, that i would have NEVER released publicly and also just finished on the day i released it. The beta didn't have Z80 emulation, and the sound working was more luck than anything. The released version should have sound for almost all games, except a few like WonderBoy, which should be solved in the next release.

I found quite a few games that just don't boot or don't play correctly:
Double Dragon (all of them) no boot
George Foreman boxing - no boot
Boxing Legends of the Ring - no boot
Road Rash (all of them.....goofed graphics)

Maybe I just didn't dork around with the settings correctly, or those games just don't work. If anyone got the Double Dragon games to work....how?

Still, I have my Sonic games, and Turrican and Mega Turrican appear to work, so I'm happy. Turrican whoops the bejeebers out of Megaman, IMO.

To be honest, I never even bothered to try jEnesisDS until this release. I can't stand to play games without sound. This emu is WAY better than I expected. While the sound isn't perfect, it's good enough to give me that nostalgic feeling.

I have to look into the games not working. Double Dragon is very timing sensitive and i had a hard time getting it working on the Java version at first, too. George Foreman and Boxing Legends work for me, with H-Int set to "ON". This helps many games that don't boot otherwise, like Story of Thor, for example. (That's why this is also stated in the readme, but who reads them anyway)

Road Rash, like many EA games unfortunately uses the 128 tile wide background mode, which doesn't natively exist on the DS. Finding a way around this is problematic, but i'll see if there is any.

Lordus_

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I guess then you just have to die more often. No seriously, there are some issues with the hardware renderer, that are not easy to solve, but hopefully i will manage to for the next version. I just spent SO much time on the sound part and everything involved to make faster, to still be playable with sound, that i didn't really have time to work a lot on other things.
Sometimes, when the screen gets corrupted, it helps to turn the option "Force update" off, go into the game, turn it on again and finally continue playing (fixes for example Kidd Chameleon, Viewpoint).

Browncoat1984

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yay! FINALLY a Genesis emulator with sound! I just loaded it up and I love it, played through the original Sonic and it plays great. Soooo...now that I can finally REALLY enjoy Genesis games on my DS, anybody got any suggestions as to what games are great on the Genesis that I can put on my DS (I'm not as familiar with the Genesis library as I should be).

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran

pika3000

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sorry about that
tongue.gif
, I meant playing them with the carts attached as S&K has an expansion port on top which you can put Sonic 3 into, the rom site usually list it as sonic 3 and sonic & knuckles I think.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Metoroid0 @ Metoroid0: im more interested in metroid prime 4