Homebrew jEnesisDS 0.6 not working on cyclos

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is a "cyclos"? Are you talking about the slot-1 or slot-2 CycloDS products? Which DLDI file did you use, if any? How many files are in your Genesis game folder?

podunk1269

OP
Trophies
Website
myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
oh sorry slot-1 cyclos evolution, with the auto dldi patcher, 1.3 final firmware, and there are about 500 in the gen library, I have like four 2 gig mirci sd cards.

I can get the emu to load and then i can pick a rom. It just freezes when loading the rom

Jeynt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're getting off easy. jEnesis destroyed my 1gig sd cart on my R4. When I loaded it up into my PC, there were four files, all of them named with odd symbols. Couldn't delete them; had to get a new cart. Thank you newegg.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try removing some of the files from your folder and trying again. In particular, don't store too many files on the root of your card, and even in other folders try to avoid going over 256 files.

Does it work if your card contains just a single Genesis game?

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I understand that, but I'm just trying to figure out exactly what the issue is. It may be entirely unrelated to the number of files on your card, but unless we test it we can't be certain.

Eyedunno

Trophies
XP
Country
Jeynt said:
You're getting off easy. jEnesis destroyed my 1gig sd cart on my R4. When I loaded it up into my PC, there were four files, all of them named with odd symbols. Couldn't delete them; had to get a new cart. Thank you newegg.
Hah. You could have just reformatted the SD card. Incidentally, I haven't had a problem on my R4. jEnesis runs great.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's possibly an issue with the number of files then. Try splitting up your games alphabetically (or have a few letters in each folder) so that you don't have over 256 files in each folder. This might help, might not.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got close to 2000 files on my card as well, and all my emulators work fine. This is using the more limited FAT16 filesystem my slot-2 Supercard requires.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/LM0Y6RWvcr8?si=RjMLNrx1TEX301g1 Already has cfw lol