Japanese Wii VC title on US Wii Console

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by DDRPenguin, Mar 1, 2011.

  1. DDRPenguin

    DDRPenguin GBAtemp Regular

    Sep 21, 2008
    The Transantartic Mountains
    I was just wanted to know this method (legal) would work.

    Would buying a Japanese Console, purchasing VC titles from there, then using FreetheWads.exe to change its region to NTSC-U, and then put the VC titles on my SD card and on my US Wii console...would that work?
  2. Sicklyboy

    Sicklyboy ~I have crippling depression~

    Global Moderator
    Jul 15, 2009
    United States
    [̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°̲̅)̲̅$̲̅]
    AFAIK, yes. However, as far as I know, it would NOT be legal. You are duplicating copyrighted software and running it on a system it is not intended to be run on (NTSC-J software on an NTSC-U wii) as well as circumventing DRM.
  3. wiisixtyfour

    wiisixtyfour GBAtemp Regular

    Feb 28, 2011
    United States
    What you would have to do is buy a Wii Points card from Japan as well and use on the Japanese Wii. You can't just copy them to an SD card from there though as your US Wii wouldn't allow you to run them. I assume you don't know how the Wii works or what WADs even are. No offense.