japanese saves not work with us roms?

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by gameguy95, Jan 27, 2009.

Jan 27, 2009
  1. gameguy95
    OP

Banned gameguy95 Needs More Furries!

United States
    i played the japanese patched version of elebits adventures of kai and zero on my ds and beat the game but when i got the us version i used the same save but it made me restart!:hateit: what should i do?

2. leslieliang

Newcomer leslieliang Advanced Member

United States
    Dude you are a retard. Of course a Japanese version .sav file won't work for a US version of the game.

It's like putting a boat steering wheel into a car and thinking you can actually drive that car; just because they are both steering wheels doesn't mean they work with each other.

It's also like trying to use air freshener as deodorant; just because they are both products use to mask an odor doesn't mean that it'll work.

It's also like using crayola water based paint as an interior paint; just because they are both paint, doesn't mean it'll work.

3. Sharpz

Member Sharpz GBAtemp Fan

United States
    No need for the name calling but a good analogy.Just as he said though Japanese games CAN'T use a US game's save and a US game CAN'T use a Japanese game's save.

4. leslieliang

Newcomer leslieliang Advanced Member

United States
    I can't help but call people retards when it's common knowledge. Try sticking a guy's private part into a girl's butt and make a baby. It won't work!

5. Lumstar

Member Lumstar Princess

United States
    It varies depending on the game in question. Works for some, not others. There's no compatibility list. So it's trial and error.

6. Narin

Former Staff Narin The Cheat Master, kupo!

United States
    Actually, theres several games where the US and JP saves work with one another so this is actually a valid question. Though more often than not, it doesn't work or the saves require some minor modifications to work.

7. gameguy95
    OP

Banned gameguy95 Needs More Furries!

United States
    what kind of modifications [​IMG]

8. meateater

Newcomer meateater Member

United States
    Probably something that's uberadvance technobabble and way beyond the capabilities of your average gamer.