• Thread starter Deleted_171835
  • Start date
  • Views 1,644
  • Replies 14
D

Deleted_171835

OP
QUOTE said:
Uh-oh...the gloves are off! Now things are starting to get really serious. Asahi Shimbun is the Japanese newspaper that published an article stating that Satoru Iwata discussed some details on the upcoming successor to the DS. Nintendo then came out and said that Iwata never made those statements. Now the newspaper has fired back, stating that their report was in the right.

"The article quoted Nintendo President Satoru Iwata's comment accurately." - Asahi Shimbun response

Do you believe the Big N on this one, or the Japanese newspaper? Wouldn't it seem weird for Iwata to slip and reveal DS successor details?
Checkmate. I knew it. It probably was just Nintendo covering things up

Source (Yes, It's Kotaku)

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
OMG! It turns out that Nintendo has actually been developing the next system that we all knew they had already started developing even before the ds came out!!!

Seriously, you guys do know that all game companies start developing the next gen system before this gen's system hits the market, right? The development cycle for these things is not short.

Anyhow, I'm surprised they haven't come out with a new handheld already. The GBA only lasted three years before the DS came out.

zeromac

Finally reached 1000 posts EXACTLY
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I believe Ninty on this one
smileipb2.png

Fuck you japenese newspaper!

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We all know that Nintendo likes to keep announcements under wraps until they are ready to tell people themselves. Iwata screwed up and Ninty is now saying that wasn't what was said simply because they don't want to lose their precious sales on the current DS's if the news becomes widespread. Remember how they denied rumors of the original DS until THEY felt like announcing it? Same deal here.

I won't even get into that whole "3rd pillar" malarkey.

In short, Ninty is lying, the newspaper is likely correct.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's Nintendo of America that denied it. Iwata is the almighty force of Nintendo, of course he'd know better than them. NoA doesn't want to compromise the sales of current DSes/DSi's. Of course they would deny a new system was coming. It would kill their sales. If everyone knew a DS2 was coming (or whatever the new system is called), almost no one would buy a DS/DSi. Bad business. It's all spin to squeeze the most money out of the consumer.

I don't know why anyone thought they could have misinterpreted such specific information such as "DS successor will have motion sensing and high resolution screens"... >_>

MuppetInvasion

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Hmm i wonder what to do here.... oh yea, Not give a CRAP. Unless the Iwata and the magazine staff are both 20 year old lesbians and they are going to settle it by mud-wrestling its really not a big deal.

kicknhorse

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Destructobot said:
OMG! It turns out that Nintendo has actually been developing the next system that we all knew they had already started developing even before the ds came out!!!

Seriously, you guys do know that all game companies start developing the next gen system before this gen's system hits the market, right? The development cycle for these things is not short.

Anyhow, I'm surprised they haven't come out with a new handheld already. The GBA only lasted three years before the DS came out.

Ok, I realise you are correct in what you are saying. But what would have been Saga's next gen console if they never lost all their money on the Dreamcast (Oh, but the Dreamcast was amazing!).

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
MuppetInvasion said:
Hmm i wonder what to do here.... oh yea, Not give a CRAP. Unless the Iwata and the magazine staff are both 20 year old lesbians and they are going to settle it by mud-wrestling its really not a big deal.
Your mind is SOOO disturbed
smileipb2.png

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
kicknhorse said:
Ok, I realise you are correct in what you are saying. But what would have been Saga's next gen console if they never lost all their money on the Dreamcast (Oh, but the Dreamcast was amazing!).
I have no idea, but Sega had a very strong arcade game business, and a partnership with Hitachi to develop the SH-X line of processors, so I'd guess it would have been based around those. Regardless, the way Sega (especially Sega of America; Tom Kalinske had been running that company into the ground for years) were doing things, if the Dreamcast hadn't been their last system the next one surely would have.

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
the funny thing is tht such an experienced person actually slipped up... gotta mind yer tongue actually
it wouldnt hurt the sales very much if they announced another DS... it just shows tht their strategy of releasing "unnecessary" DS's is useless

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4 +1