Hacking Japanese 3ds

juggernauty

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Good morning all c: I have this old 3ds(Japan) with firmware 8.1.0-17 . I'm looking for the right tutorial for my firmware because until now all i can find is FW 9.2 tutrials. I don' wanna try those because I'm afraid I might brick my unit. So anybody have an idea or can point me to the right direction? Any information would be much appreciated. Thanx in adv c:

CrispyYoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you have access to the web browser? It should be on the top-right of the bottom screen in the home menu.

I highly recommend updating to 9.2, by the way: Updating with sysupdater is much more stable than downgrading from 9.3+ with it, and you'll find a lot more software supporting 9.2 as opposed to 8.1, such as browserhax/menuhax.

juggernauty

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Wow! Thanx for the speedy reply c:. Yes, I have a working web browser in my unit. So, I will first check out this "system updater". ty again :)

CrispyYoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow! Thanx for the speedy reply c:. Yes, I have a working web browser in my unit. So, I will first check out this "system updater". ty again :)
Sure! To clarify, make sure you're using the sysupdater by profi200, which can be found here: https://github.com/profi200/sysUpdater/releases

There are many different versions, and this is the one you want if you're updating. Only ever update in either RxTools Pasta mode, PastaCFW, or CakesFW with Firm patches disabled. Otherwise, you will brick after the update.

juggernauty

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ok, got it B-)

edit...I forgot to mention that I currently don't have any existing exploit in my unit. So, this sysupdater, I should try it first before that starter kit thingy???

Last edited by juggernauty,

CrispyYoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok, got it B-)

edit...I forgot to mention that I currently don't have any existing exploit in my unit. So, this sysupdater, I should try it first before that starter kit thingy???
It's actually a chain of steps:

- Get a nightly build of RxTools set up on your sd card. Make sure you follow the steps regarding FBI injection and generating a /firm/ folder.
- Download sysupdater by profi200 and put sysupdater.cia on the root of your SD card.
- Find a copy of 9.2.0J(Full).zip on an "ISO" and "3DS" related website I can't link on here (it's copyrighted material) and extract the /updates/ folder to SD:/updates/
- Go to https://dukesrg.github.io/?rxTools/sys/code.bin on your 3ds web browser with the sd card in and hold L to get in the rxtools menu. Inject FBI to H&S on SysNAND and launch Pasta mode (aka Dev Mode, not to be confused with RxMode [VERY IMPORTANT])
- Run H&S which is now FBI, press L to change Destination to "SD" and install FBI.cia and SysUpdater.cia
- Launch SysUpdater.cia and press A to update to 9.2.0J.

From there, you can follow other tutorials because you now have a 9.2J system with FBI already installed on your SysNAND.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, AncientBoi be like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxLoR6H7GxQ