Hacking jap bricked wii??

wellieterror

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I bought a bricked wii just for the cd drive as a replacement and found it to be hard modded wiikii first version by the looks of it im not sure if i can use it as the bricked wii was jap. I have tried unbricking using an update disc jap with gamecube controller to no avail. I have since replaced the drive that needed doing so now I have a bricked wiikii chipped jap wii to play with. From what I gather the wii was probably bricked with an out of region update im only guessing though. Would it help if i was to get a disc for the chip and try it or is there anyother way I can get into the system or should I just use wii as a foundation brick for a conservatory??? Also i have tried to find out if any savemywii preloader etc but to no avail. When the wii is switched on the green light stays on the drive light flashes once is this a semi brick? I have looked and read many posts on this site and apologise now if i have missed an explaination else where. thanks for your time.......

bazamuffin

RESIDENT HATER OF POLITICAL POSTING WANKSTAINS
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Only one way to found out dude, swap it!! I don't think it would cause you any problems, just check the Wiikii settings to see if its set up for JAP/USA/EUR. If the console has been region changed then this could explain why its bricked (update from online/disc).

Ive seen on the wiidrives.com database that some JAP consoles can have the same drive as EUR or USA ones, so in theory it shouldn't cause you any problems. Feel free to correct me if anyone out there has expereience or knowledge that says otherwise

wellieterror

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
When i get round to it i will try and let you know what happens but im going to mess about abit more this wii seems really odd to me. I have just been messing about with it using gc controller and it says it was 3.1 jap tried again and it changed to 3.2 jap tried a third time and it said 4.3 jap??? any ideas anyone? the three times i tried it had no disc in it it is not hooked up to the net so why would it spew out three different versions?? going to mess about somemore you never know i might end up with a 4.5 before even nintendo lol

wellieterror

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I used sm jap update v288 as it was hardmodded with a wiiki version 1 i thought it would work but no avail I dont have any jap original disc to try but if the update disc made it jump from 3.1 to 4.3 no original disc will update sm as it may of already been done. I have softmodded a couple of family wiis never had any need to do stuff with hard mods replaced a lens and I am just curious about this whole brick thing and im having fun while I learn and if I can unbrick it I will be using it to mess about with or until I need a spare part lol

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
When the wii is switched on the green light stays on the drive light flashes once is this a semi brick?
Assuming there's no output from the wii (black screen or a "No signal" from the TV), it's fully bricked. One flash indicates there's no bootmii/boot2, and you say it doesn't have priiloader or any other anti-brick software. I'd just keep the wii for parts.

QUOTEI used sm jap update v288 as it was hardmodded with a wiiki version 1 i thought it would work but no avail I dont have any jap original disc to try but if the update disc made it jump from 3.1 to 4.3 no original disc will update sm as it may of already been done.
v288 is 3.2J, so there's no way that installed 4.3. More than likely, it didn't do anything.

bazamuffin said:
Ive seen on the wiidrives.com database that some JAP consoles can have the same drive as EUR or USA ones, so in theory it shouldn't cause you any problems. Feel free to correct me if anyone out there has expereience or knowledge that says otherwise
Wii drives are universal. Any drive fits any wii. The only thing he'd need to do to use the drive in another wii is change the region setting on the modchip to match the wii he puts it in.

wellieterror

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
thanks for the reply at least i know its fully bricked now and I have some spare parts but i still dont understand how it jumped from 3.1 to 3.2 then 4.3. the mind boggles now to figure out using the modchipped drive and change region etc thanks again

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
wellieterror said:
the mind boggles now to figure out using the modchipped drive and change region etc thanks again
Changing the chip region usually involves jumpers of some sort, or maybe a configuration disc. See if you can find install instructions for the chip, they should have information on configuring it.

wellieterror

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
thanks thats what I was going to do check out instructions and try to locate a disc I will post what happens when I try just incase some one else comes across the same thing

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    cearp @ cearp: and Psi - I had a cd player / radio that played mp3 cds once, very cool