Hacking Gaming Homebrew Oldies PS1/2 Jak 1 PS2 stuttering when entering areas: OPL issue or normal?

CaseyDog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm playing Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy on my fat PS2 with the OPL 2048 beta off an internal HDD. Whenever I enter large open areas like the ones in Rock Village, there's a big microstutter that occurs whenever crossing set invisible points; especially noticeable when turning the camera. Does the game do this on a real disc, or could this be an OPL issue? I was already using compatibility modes 3 and 6, and adding in 1 and then 5 on top of it didn't help. I remember Ratchet 3 getting some pretty severe slowdown specific to OPL, but that was the entire game slowing instead of a suddenly freezing on a frame for longer than normal with the game still running like here.

CaseyDog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I already tried 1-3-6, and the OPL 2048 beta doesn't show mode 7 in the menu.

And what format should I upload the save in? I'm presuming this means this isn't normal behavior for the game, BTW?

zfreeman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Upload in PSU format. I'm not sure if it's normal behavior, but reproducing your setup should reproduce your issue. If it does not, then maybe the disc image on the hard drive is corrupted.

CaseyDog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PSX Place says I have "insufficient privileges to reply" on my couple-weeks-old account (with zero clarification on how to change that from what I can find. They should really improve their site conveyance in general) so I'll just link the save file here.

pbsk8

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Jak and Daxter - The Precursor Legacy [SCUS_971.24]

OPL 2063 via ETH

PS2 Slim (SCPH-90010)

With modes 1,3 and 6 enabled only, game freezes on intro logo

If disabling pad emu, game works fine until first CGs then starts pausing every 1-2 seconds. In game, same pausing issues continues.

Last edited by pbsk8,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch