Apple Jailbreaking 3.1.3 tethered

john56

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a iphone firmware 3.1.3 i was about to jailbreaking with sprint but it says something about
"If you currently are using a tethered jailbreak, you have to restore to use Spirit. Do not upgrade if you use an unlock on an iPhone 3G or 3GS. (You can, however, restore to 3.1.2 if you have SHSH blobs for that version.)"

When i used f0recast at
http://ih8sn0w.com/index.php/welcome.snow
it said my iphone is tethered

How can i tell if my iphones already been jail broken?
And what program do you think i should use?

Dialexio

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
When f0recast said it was tethered, it actually means that the device is limited to a tethered jailbreak. (f0recast's information hasn't been updated for a while though.) A tethered jailbreak means that the iPhone must be connected to a device in order to reboot.

If your iPhone was jailbroken before, it will have an app called "Cydia." If you can't find it, go ahead and use Spirit.

If you have iTunes 9.2 or later, Spirit won't work. Instead of downgrading iTunes, use Star (when it's working; people reported problems earlier today).

metamaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Unless you bought a used iphone, you should clearely remember if you jailbroke it, and even the reasons why. If you don't remember, check to see if you have an app named Cydia. Or even an app called [Redacted]. A tethered jailbreak means that when you turn off your iphone (not locking it), you can't turn it back on without connecting it to a computer and running a program. If you do have a tethered iphone, create a backup and restore it (all done in itunes).
You should use Spirit to jailbreak, if you have itune 9.1, use the original version, if you have itunes 9.2, use the updated version. Don't forget to press the "make my life easier" button in Cydia once you jailbreak.

john56

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just used sprint and i have cydia
What can i do with a jailbroken iphone?

Edit Nvm fixed it

i tryed to install a later version of itunes but it says

The file itunes libarary.itl cannot be read beacuse it was created by a newer version of itunes.

Dialexio

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
You can do many things with a jailbroken iPhone. A few basics include theming with WinterBoard, tethering with TetherMe or MyWi (if your carrier doesn't support tethering), putting five icons on your Dock, quickly access settings from (nearly) anywhere with SBSettings...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0FyqCEfD0E