Jack Tretton talks about the PS4 and the Wii U.

KingdomBlade

Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)
Trophies
Website
meekpicture.blogspot.com
XP
Country
I'm flinching at all the fanboyism in this thread.

Seriously, the man's right. In terms of technological capability, Nintendo is falling way behind. And why is that? Cause they tend to focus on their gimmicks instead. (3D3D3D3D3D3D) Not that it's a bad thing.

In an arrogant, trolly way, the man's right.

Nintendo and Sony fanboys seriously just irritate me. (I haven't seen many M$ fanboys yet lol) No, amazing graphics do not make it the best console, and no, weird motion controls and THREEEEEEE-DEEEEEE don't make it either.

The crucial thing is the software lineup, which the 3DS seems to lack right now (before you say OoT, not all owners are core gamers addicted with Zelda, you forget that the casual audience attributes most to Nintendo's success), and the WiiU, being early in it's life span, will lack when it's released, so I anticipate poor initial sales.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
machomuu said:
Guild McCommunist said:
bowser said:
Well what do you know! Sony's even copying the prices for their new handheld!

Actually Nintendo copied them as the PSP launched at $250. Sony are just continuing their trend.
Wouldn't say either of them copied each other...don't know why Nintendo would want to copy selling a system for $250 and vice versa, especially seeing the sales of the 3DS.
Perhaps they think too highly of 3D without glasses?
tongue.gif

Johnny_Drama

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iran
I don't see any trolling in this, Jack Tretton is one helluva good guy and what he says is completely right; Nintendo is falling behind, technology-wise.

ShadowSoldier said:
And 2005 for Microsoft!

If you're in the gaming industry since 2005 you would know that Microsoft laughed at 'High Def' the first few years.

QUOTE(Foxi4 @ Jun 18 2011, 11:35 PM) If you're looking at being a multimedia entertainment device, there's something wrong with you, you cyborg wannabe.

If you want to create a multimedia entertainment device, you're looking at gaming. That was 1983 for Nintendo. They KNOW what they're doing. HD is but the icing on the cake.

You're talking trash.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If Sony's looking to have a gaming console, that was so 1983 for Nintendo.

If Sony's looking to have a handheld, that was so 1989 for Nintendo.

If Sony's looking to have 3D, that was so 1995 for Nintendo.

If Sony's looking to have online gameplay, that was so 1995 for Nintendo.

If Sony's looking to have a touch screen, that was so 2004 for Nintendo.

If Sony's looking to have motion controlled games, that was so 2006 for Nintendo.

If Sony's looking to troll Nintendo, that was so 1988 for Sega (who failed horribly afterward).

If Sony's looking to be better than Nintendo, they should stop talking trash and come up with an original idea.

Memino

Trophies
XP
Country
Guild McCommunist said:
chris888222 said:
Jack is always using this technique to win customers IMO.

Remember the time when '3DS is just a babysitting tool'? There was a massive raid of sony fanboys which replied to it saying YAAA DUH WE ROX TWO THUMB STICKS

Perhaps you should lower the prices of your gadgets around the world as well Jack? Sony Singapore is always coming up with atrocious prices which you can already rip your head off.

It does have two thumbsticks... And better graphics... And better online... Hell. even a better launch line-up (if their website is any indicator).

And yeah, fuck Sony and overpriced electronics! $250 for a Vita is insane! No company would price a handheld as... Oh wait...

He did say Singapore...maybe you need some reading lessons before being sarcastic. Vita is only cheap in the U.S.A. everywhere else it comes with a high price tag, so what's the point? Someone should teach sony that $250 does not equal £240. As for the fanboyism in this thread, seriously grow up people you don't own stock in Nintendo or Sony so what do you care how the company does?

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Memino said:
He did say Singapore...maybe you need some reading lessons before being sarcastic. Vita is only cheap in the U.S.A. everywhere else it comes with a high price tag, so what's the point?

I hear almost the same thing based on every electronic from every foreign country. There wasn't even a price announced for Singapore yet.

Memino

Trophies
XP
Country
Guild McCommunist said:
Memino said:
He did say Singapore...maybe you need some reading lessons before being sarcastic. Vita is only cheap in the U.S.A. everywhere else it comes with a high price tag, so what's the point?

I hear almost the same thing based on every electronic from every foreign country. There wasn't even a price announced for Singapore yet.

Very true but this is one of the worst offenders, 3DS had a launch price in the UK of £180, it can be had now at around £160. PS vita is launching at £230 for the wifi model. It's just annoying when I hear about how they're matching the 3DS price when it is completely untrue, maybe in America but not anywhere else.

Johnny_Drama

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iran
_Chaz_ said:

If Sony's looking to have motion controlled games, that was so 2006 for Nintendo.

If Sony's looking to troll Nintendo, that was so 1988 for Sega (who failed horribly afterward).

If Sony's looking to be better than Nintendo, they should stop talking trash and come up with an original idea.

If Nintendo's looking to make electronics, that was so 1945 for Sony.

If Nintendo's looking to use optical discs, that was so 1995 for Sony.

If Nintendo's looking to have good games, that was so 1995 for Sony.

If Nintendo's looking to make the most successful gaming system, that was so 2005 for Sony.

If Nintendo's looking to use DVDs, that was so 2000 for Sony.

If Nintendo's looking to use High Definition, that was 2006 for Sony.

If Nintendo's looking to be better than Sony, they should consider caring about gamers, good services and stop falling behind the rest.

And I could continue.

Oh and Sega Channel was there in 1994.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Slyakin said:
And as we all know, as soon as Jack Tretton is mentioned, we get a massive influx of fanboyism.

Just great, GBATemp, just great.
That's because he's paid to take random shots at Nintendo, the company that constantly out-sells Sony's gaming division.

Memino

Trophies
XP
Country
Lmfao wow this thread is getting childish, my dad is stronger than your dad, no my dad is stronger than your dad!

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
_Chaz_ said:
No, that was Magnavox in 1972.

No, that was Mattel in 1976.

Virtual boy, Great Success!

Satelliview had DOWNLOAD play. You could not play online with people.

No, that was IBM in 1960.

Fair enough.

Sega, i'm really happy for you and imma let you finish, but Sony has the best trolling of ALL TIME.

They did with the PS Vita. Dual analog sticks (which was also a Sony first) and a rear touch panel...oh, is that not innovation?

Johnny_Drama

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iran
_Chaz_ said:
Slyakin said:
And as we all know, as soon as Jack Tretton is mentioned, we get a massive influx of fanboyism.

Just great, GBATemp, just great.
That's because he's paid to take random shots at Nintendo, the company that constantly out-sells Sony's gaming division.

You mean the company that got outsold two generations from a newcomer? The gap between the Wii and the PS3 isn't even as big as the N64 and PSX or Gamecube and PS2.

Grow up kid, grow up.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
_Chaz_ said:

Unless you count the PSX or the PS2. So like half the time they do.

Actually, if I recall correctly, the PSX didn't sell too well at all, and most people don't even know what it is.

If you're referring to the PS and the PS2, those are only 2 consoles. Not really half of Sony's line up, but close.
And that's partly due to the fact that the PS2 phats died nearly as much as DS Lites cracked. Although the PS2 was a great system.

TwinRetro said:
QUOTE(_Chaz_ @ Jun 19 2011, 07:27 AM)
No, that was Magnavox in 1972.

No, that was Mattel in 1976.

Virtual boy, Great Success!

Satelliview had DOWNLOAD play. You could not play online with people.

No, that was IBM in 1960.

Fair enough.

Sega, i'm really happy for you and imma let you finish, but Sony has the best trolling of ALL TIME.

They did with the PS Vita. Dual analog sticks (which was also a Sony first) and a rear touch panel...oh, is that not innovation?
Never said they were the first.
Never said it was successful.
It had games online, online gaming.

Sony and Sega trolled about the same things.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Threads like this never cease to disgust me. We got bullshit from Jack Tretton, and bullshit from Sony and Nintendo fanboys here. I always wish i could lock this sort of stuff which inevitably incites raging fanboy wars and other bullshit. Not to get into the politics of whether a console or company is better than another, most everyone knows Tretton is a massive douche (if not, they should). Insulting your competition is something of an expectation from Sony and nothing new, but insulting the customers who buy the opposing product is another thing entirely (bad business move, but also a dick move).

Also stupid are some of the posts from both Nintendopes and Sony drones in this thread. I get the urge to lock these businessmen rage rant threads whenever they crop up due to the amount of excrement they not only provide, but cause. I really don't think they serve much purpose besides causing a lot of pointless immature arguing.

No offense to the topic poster. I just don't think these sorts of stories really say much. And they certainly end up causing a lot of idiotic wars among immature members. As a warning to the people posting- stop the name calling and insults.

See what you guys do to me? They make me bitter and resentful...
rolleyes.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: no, cod sucks +2