Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
trumpet-205 said:
Yeah.....

How about encouraging developers to develop game that truly uses what 3DS has to offer.

Cutting one's paycheck (assuming they did) is not going to magically bumps up 3DS sales.

well a price cut will help for the holiday season, past that I don't know. Sony better hit hard so that competition can force Nintendo to be well competitive.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
DigitalDeviant said:
trumpet-205 said:
Yeah.....

How about encouraging developers to develop game that truly uses what 3DS has to offer.

Cutting one's paycheck (assuming they did) is not going to magically bumps up 3DS sales.

well a price cut will help for the holiday season, past that I don't know. Sony better hit hard so that competition can force Nintendo to be well competitive.

Sony has an ass ton of hype surrounding the Vita right now. I'm sure sales will be fine.

I enjoy how Iwata is trying to look saintly by taking an unnecessary fall. Way to not go.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Holy hell. That's what you get for pricing your console just because the fans loved it a lot. It was too expensive. But you can tell that Iwata is making a pretty penny if he's able to take a 50% cut. Hopefully Nintendo rebounds.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I think Iwata is afraid that at some point his account total balance will round up to a 0 once it finally reaches the maximum input, so he takes precautions to slow down the inevitable.

hova1

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I blame it on the software lineup. Not a single Mario game on launch is bad. This should always be the most important thing on a Nintendo system at launch. No real Pokemon yet. They need a full Monster Hunter in order to be relevant in Japan.
They should've paid Capcom big money for Monster Hunter exclusivity.
I also can't help but think that if they had a second analog nub and a high budget CoD it would be the most popular thing for 12 year olds.

sergster1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Release 3DS
Do not release games
???
Pr--o h s h i t .

Im sorry i just had to do that.... but im kinda happy that nintendo realized their mistake by overpricing the console and not pushing developers hard enough to release quality games in a timely manner and are cutting back...its more than what sony did ._.

Erdnaxela

Trophies
XP
Country
France
roastable said:
really?
all nintendo has to do is plan a release for a pokemon and all the kiddies will swarm in
This.
Nintendo surely plan to do something big with pokémon 3DS, and when it'll be released, it'll make 3DS selling a lot 0_o
Remember, black & white sold like 2,630,000 unit the first two day in japan, with flashcart and piracy, that's crazy.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ShadowSoldier said:
roastable said:
really?
all nintendo has to do is plan a release for a pokemon and all the kiddies will swarm in

The kids sure. But they're also trying to advertise to us older gamers.
Pokemon Adventures 3DS. Boom, done. It's got blood, death, boobs- I'm sure it'd attract a crowd.

Shoat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
roastable said:
really?

"the kiddies"?

I'm sure a very very large portion of the pokemon players are actually adults. (as in ~20-ish year olds who were kids when pokemon red/blue started)

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It doesn't really show anything, the guy already has a bagillion dollars probably. I remember during the whole banking crisis or whatever over here. I think some CEO's were like "WE'RE TAKING A STEP FORWARD" and made their annual pay $1. Of course it's irrelevant as shit because they still make tons of cash from other means and already have some.

It's just Iwata trying to act like he cares.

rt141

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, this is a smart move, it improves the company image and will hopefully raise their stock even with the losses they are havng they still have enough to make it trough untill awesome things launch for the 3ds, the last good games of the wii and the wii-u, still its nice to see someone actually take responsability for something.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntjkwIXWtrc&ab_channel=Apple I feel uncomfortable from watching...