Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Link: http://wii.ign.com/articles/892/892854p1.html
IGN Wii said:
Iwata Apologizes for Bad E3
Nintendo's president says good core games take time to prepare.
by Matt Casamassina

July 22, 2008 - In an interview with Forbes, Nintendo president Satoru Iwata apologized for the company's lackluster E3 media briefing and said that while it chose not to display more core games, that doesn't mean that the developer isn't working n them.

"If there is any perception that Nintendo is ignoring the core gamers, it's a misunderstanding and we really want to get rid of that misunderstanding by any means," Iwata said. "We are sorry about [the E3] media briefings, specifically for those who were expecting to see Nintendo show something about 'Super Mario' or 'Legend of Zelda.' However, the fact of the matter is the so-called 'big titles' need a long, long development period. ... We really didn't think this year's E3 media briefing was the time to do so."

That mean's some hardcore games are coming!

Curley5959

CCC Member!
Trophies
Website
www.holidaygamerz.zoomshare.com
XP
Country
same here.... YAY
smile.gif

Doomsday Forte

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Man, I can't wait for Super Mario Bros. 2 or The Legend of Zelda 2. I mean, the first games were such epic creations, their sequels can ONLY be...well, epic+1, right?
biggrin.gif

Doomsday Forte

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Diablo1123 said:
Doomsday Forte said:
Man, I can't wait for Super Mario Bros. 2 or The Legend of Zelda 2. I mean, the first games were such epic creations, their sequels can ONLY be...well, epic+1, right?
biggrin.gif
Ummm The Legned of Zelda 2 came out years ago
smile.gif
And (all types of) SMB2 with it. ;P

I don't see why Iwata had to apologize, I mean...Nintendo didn't really do anything wrong, just that rabid fanboys hyped the utter shit out of the E3 showing and when they didn't get what they wanted, they demanded blood. Say what you will about catering to the fans, but look at what Sega has done with Sonic as a result of trying to please the fans. =\

Diablo1123

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I need to play my Wii more
smile.gif

Doomsday Forte said:
Diablo1123 said:
Doomsday Forte said:
biggrin.gif
Ummm The Legned of Zelda 2 came out years ago
smile.gif
And (all types of) SMB2 with it. ;P
If I remember correctly SMB2 was epic+1
haven't played The Legend of Zelda 2
frown.gif

Doomsday Forte

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Diablo1123 said:
If I remember correctly SMB2 was epic+1
haven't played The Legend of Zelda 2
frown.gif
Well, there's two types of SMB2 depending on where you live. If you're Japanese, you'd know Super Mario Bros. 2 as the one that was basically an expansion of sorts to the original game. Harder levels (no mid-level savepoint!), Poison Mushrooms, etc. This game was released with Super Mario All-Stars on the SNES as Super Mario Bros. The Lost Levels. And it was partially snuck into Super Mario Bros. Deluxe on the GBC (don't remember what exactly was added/removed for that one however, if anything).

If you are an American, Super Mario Bros. 2 involves a great leap away from the common Mario gameplay. You can pull up plants and enemies to attack, and there were four playable characters with their own stats. This was originally released as Doki Doki Panic! in Japan (though it was an unrelated game to Mario as a whole) and is known as Super Mario USA for the specific SMB2 version.

Now. Legend of Zelda II The Adventure of Link is also a big departure from the standard Zelda play in the last game. Now you have an overworld map, and you can run into random encounters, which then shift the game into a sidescrolling-view sub-platformer-cross-RPG. You can move and jump and attack enemies with your sword, and when you clear the area of enemies, you get experience and the usual RPG spoils. It's sorta the black sheep of Zelda games for these reasons, though it's not really that bad of a game if you have an open mind, and is fairly hard (you start with the sword beam, but it only works at full health and that's hard to maintain).

Whew. Professor DF out.

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Reggie said, that Nintendo won`t announce or show trailer to anything, that will not came this year, besides WiiSportsResort...

So fact is, that this year, there is nothing special coming from Nintendo or 3rd Party on Wii. I`m not talking about games I play, because I`m Pirate!

I have a suggestion: why not developing new IPs Nintendo (or IP left behind for some unknown reason: Metroid Dread, anyone?)...

Everybody knows, that Nintendo is eventually always working on Mario and Zelda. That`s nothing worth mentioning if they don`t show a trailer IMO.

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Master Mo said:
Reggie said, that Nintendo won`t announce or show trailer to anything, that will not came this year, besides WiiSportsResort...

So fact is, that this year, there is nothing special coming from Nintendo or 3rd Party on Wii. I`m not talking about games I play, because I`m Pirate!

I have a suggestion: why not developing new IPs Nintendo (or IP left behind for some unknown reason: Metroid Dread, anyone?)...

Everybody knows, that Nintendo is eventually always working on Mario and Zelda. That`s nothing worth mentioning if they don`t show a trailer IMO.

Yeah, both Reggie and Iwata said that they won't be announcing stuff one year before it comes out.. not a bad politic actually, I remember waiting more than 3 years for Twilight Princess
frown.gif

Anyway, that means that Nintendo's line-up for this year won't have any changes.. WiiMusic, Animal Crossing and that's it!
BUT.. that doesn't mean we can't have new 3rd Party announcements..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)