1. 1,587

Front-page
    thumbnail_image002.jpg

E3 has locked in its dates for this year's digital event, along with confirming the presence of two of the biggest names in gaming. Both Microsoft and Nintendo will be a part of it, with set shows to take place during the event. Other third-party developers announced that they would be showing off their games throughout E3 2021, as well, including Capcom, Koch Media, Konami, Ubisoft, Warner Bros., and Take-Two. Sony was not mentioned at all in the press release, presumably still trying to stay separate from E3 as they had been in recent years. E3 will take place entirely online this summer, starting on June 12th, and lasting until June 15th.

:arrow: Source: GBAtemp Press Inbox

2. Discussion (16 replies)

3. banjo2

banjo2 gamer

United States
    A lot of people seem to be of the opinion that online-only E3 is pointless, but I really like this organized thing where a bunch of companies announce stuff around the same time, like Christmas in July or whatever the phrase is even though I only care about one or two of the showcases

Rafciu, nachuz, JavaScribe and 9 others like this.
  4. MikaDubbz

MikaDubbz GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Honestly as someone who never physically goes to E3, it's all the same to me. Nintendo's move from in person presentations to Directs at E3 were always just as exciting and felt the same to me. So news like this is absolutely fine by me.

5. Chary

OP Chary Never sleeps
    Chief Editor

United States
    The worst part of last year's "Summer Game Fest" was that it stretched over MONTHS, meaning you'd just see pointless announcements dragged out to try to keep the "hype" of the seasonal event up, and it just got boring. There was "news" every day, and 99% of it was DLC announcements, delays, or awkward teasers with no content. The actual games could have been randomly announced via Twitter for how uneven the reveal distribution was. It felt no different from how it'd been the rest of the year that far.

At least let people get excited, by putting all the news in a few days worth of press conferences, or whatever they're doing this year. Front-load all the stuff and just throw all the plans out there.

6. beermonkey

beermonkey Member
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    I bloody love it. Chilled beer and alarm clock set for presentations at silly o'clock. I will be happy if the "influencers" stay the hell away though.

7. sonicvssilver22

sonicvssilver22 You're myself, I'm yourself

United States
    Can’t wait for all the cheesy presentations they’re still going to try to pull except this time there isn’t a live audience an awkward silence or some very forced, non-genuine applause

JavaScribe and Scott_pilgrim like this.
  8. Valwinz

Valwinz GBAtemp Regular

Puerto Rico
    what a waste of money

9. huma_dawii

huma_dawii GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    OMG Yes!! :D E3 is important and even if they didnt go to the place, the fact that we can have presentations the around the same time is perfect! :D

Scott_pilgrim, dwain12435 and Chary like this.
  10. Teletron1

Teletron1 Space Tech Engineer

United States
    I wonder if Big N will use E3 to kick off Zelda’s 35th :)

Justin20020, Jayro and Scott_pilgrim like this.
  11. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Legend

Portugal
    nintendo will just throw a direct in there and be done with it xD hopping for switch pro announcement for sure, because if they dont announce it there i doubt it exists or if it exists its not for this year imo.

Scott_pilgrim likes this.
  12. huma_dawii

huma_dawii GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    We all know it exists... :v it's on the actual firmware right now lol

13. Vilagamer999

United Kingdom
    Hopefully they consider eurpoean citizens and dont anounce important stuff at 2 am.
    If the rumours are true I bet nintendo will announce the switch pro at the event...

14. JavaScribe

JavaScribe Confused

United States
    This has been said every year since 2017... though, the - ̗̀ new ̖́- 3DS released about four years after the 3DS, so the timing would be about right. Of course, even if it is in the works, they might need to delay the announcement depending on how the silicon shortage affected them.
    Guess we'll see.

15. BitMasterPlus

BitMasterPlus GBAtemp Regular

United States
    E3 is digital again? Why even bother then? Just have companies release announcements online since it's not E3 if it's not actual at the place and drop the E3 name.

16. KingVamp

KingVamp Haaah-hahahaha!

United States
    So, we are going have this and that Summer thing?

17. HarvHouHacker

HarvHouHacker Owner of the Rock Band Customs Project

United States
    ...And why weren't they doing this already?!?

18. Newersmbwquestion

Newcomer

United States
    oh boy, can't wait for everybody to "leak" botw 2, metroid prime 4, and pikmin 4! but seriously, I'm pretty hyped

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Microsoft, Nintendo, confirm