Hardware I've got an idea..but i'm not sure what can i do..help..

ludo1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'm going to buy an hard disk for my wii to play games with USB loader GX..but I'm not sure what can i choose..becasue i'm not sure if they are compatible..these are my options:
http://www.lacie.com/products/product.htm?pid=11016
http://www.lacie.com/products/product.htm?pid=11389
http://www.wdc.com/en/products/products.asp?driveid=700
Now..I will buy a new LCD tv with a USB port so naturally I've thought to connect the hard disk (for watching films) on my new tv and on my wii (to play games)..with a USB switch..here is the problem:
1) I'm sure that the western digital works on my wii..but i don't know if i can create another partition on the hard disk where put the films without any problem for watching them on my tv..
2) I don't know if the LaCie Hard Disk, Design by Neil Poulton works on my wii and if i'll can connect it on my tv..
3) I'm sure that the LaCinema Classic HD, Design by Neil Poulton works on my tv but i'm not sure if i can create without any problem another patition where put my wii games and play them..
So what can i do??..wich one can i choose to resolve my situation??..please help me..thanks to all..
P.s. my favourite is the second one because it can reproduce the midia files in 1080P..but i'm not sure..

Eddie_Brock

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't think you can get there from here...

USB Ports on TV's are for firmware updates and 'service modes', not for playing .AVI files... I have a USB port on my new LCD tv and even if it could read the data on the thumbdrive, there is no video decoders built into the TV to allow playback.
Sorry.

hatredg0d

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ya, that technology isnt that great right now.

But YES, you dont even need a switch. just make the partitions.
but instead of your tv to play the files, use mplayer ce.

ludo1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
thanks..but one question..is the same with LaCinema Classic HD? (the second one link) it allows me to see any movie format on my tv like .avi..exc..but works for the wii??..

cobleman

Trophies
XP
Country
Dont try and do this its more trouble than its worth Have a SELF POWERED hard drive for your WII and have a seperate system for your TV

ludo1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@ cobleman
thanks for the reply..but i ask you..wich one i can choose??..this is the shop where i'll buy the hard disk..please suggest me one of them..thanks..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: there was a "HD" redrawn version of :creep: someone made at one point but i didnt save it