HipsterPluto

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hello,

I used to have an iPod nano 4th gen, but I recently bought a nano 7th gen. I've never had any problems with iTunes when using it with my old iPod.

When I connect my iPod nano 7th gen, iTunes says it's not recognized. I tried uninstalling and installing iTunes and when that didn't work, I followed these steps (because it seemed to work with everybody):

• Press Windows button + r is run and then type devmgmt.msc
  • Look for the portable devices and find the Apple iPod or wherever that is listed on your pc.
  • Right click on it and click on update driver software (Manual update)
  • Browse your computer and then look for this folder on your computer C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\Drivers

But that didn't help either... Has any one a solution for this?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I assume the thing otherwise works.

Do you have another machine you can try it in, even a virtual machine will do? Do you have the current version of itunes installed? 7th gen is pretty old at this point but not as old as 4th gen and if you were leaving it along for your 4th gen.

After this we are looking at cables, ports, adapters and seeing what might be going wrong there. The lightning connector is slightly better than the old fat ones that would routinely get clogged with dust and stuff but it is still not good.
I do not think there are any crazy anti theft things like you sometimes see for other idevices but I have been surprised before, not to mention it will tend not to work like that when it does get tripped.

HipsterPluto

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Found the solution. For someone with the same problem: don't just uninstall iTunes, but every program from Apple.

Sorry for the new thread. Carry on.

I assume the thing otherwise works.

Do you have another machine you can try it in, even a virtual machine will do? Do you have the current version of itunes installed? 7th gen is pretty old at this point but not as old as 4th gen and if you were leaving it along for your 4th gen.

After this we are looking at cables, ports, adapters and seeing what might be going wrong there. The lightning connector is slightly better than the old fat ones that would routinely get clogged with dust and stuff but it is still not good.
I do not think there are any crazy anti theft things like you sometimes see for other idevices but I have been surprised before, not to mention it will tend not to work like that when it does get tripped.

And thank you for your answer!

Last edited by HipsterPluto,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-