Not open for further replies.

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
It's too soon to be hacked. Let's save exploit(s) [If any] until the next revision or until it has a solid library. If there was a software hack, Nintendo would just release a quick update. If it were to be released any time soon, what would you pirate? And for a flashcard, look how long it took to reach dsi mode
yes very true ,the first part of your post is
as for the dsi mode, there is just not as much interest in that, but i do concede that there were and maybe still are some very smart people working on dsi mode such as marcan, but then again he has not much interest in dsi lately as he is too bust with working on his openlase and kinect project, i even seen him on a pbs show talking about his kinect projects,
but he also has said before that he has no interest in the 3ds, that iss funny that he has little interest in hacking the dsi , but none in the 3ds,

but as for everyone else its quite the opposite, they will have a bunch or interest in hacking the 3ds, mostly flashcart manufacturers,for monetary reasons , but none in dsi

so marcan has not spent hardly any time working on the dsi and has spent no time working on 3ds, but other im sure are working hard on the 3ds

i am also surprised that there are no leaks, what with the colapse of the global economy, you think someone would sell out , i know they are not paid well

Japanese people have Bushido spirit! They won't betray Nintendo! >3
J/k, but I do believe they are faithful...

There's really no point in hacking the 3DS right now, unless you're really desperate for a bunch of 3DS shovelware.
How about a 100% SNES emulator? or dare i say a PS1 emulator? I do agree on the shovelware comment. The main game i bought the 3DS for (Mega Man Lends 3) was cancelled so i'm just waiting around for better emulators to past mega man games.

The 3DS has enough power for the PSX one, but... It's different systems, PSP and PSX are one thing, but PSX and 3DS... Dunno... Maybe it does have enough power to emulate it, just might be harder and only seen really late into it's life...

Reactions: 1 person

Critica1

Trophies
Website
www.onehitgamer.com
XP
Country
United States
@Devin, how many volts were used to communicate with the 3DS? I'm guessing 1.8-2.2v?

Devin said:
and encrypt it
Not until you reverse the dump which means you still need to dump it.

Devin said:
Once done, we shall have 3DS Roms booting on regular flashcarts. Not to mention being able to dump 3DS/DSi/Virtual Console games and resign them using the NAND dump."
This is an assumption. People are quick to assume that a few flaws would allow 3DS games natively on the 3DS. These flaws might have been patched via hardware or firmware updates.

Jan1tor

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
What would be truly funny would be this. They finally hack the 3DS and make a flashcard for it, then he gets his 3DS stolen by someone who is tired of paying for consoles.

Reactions: 6 people

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, people should start wasting their precious free time to slave over a hot 3DS and crack it for my own personal gain! We definitely should be able to start engaging in illegal activities because we don't want to pay for shit we should be buying!

Get off your asses you lazy hackers, you guys are such slackers! Mush! Mush!

This thread is dumb.

Reactions: 7 people

mameks

in memoriam of gravitas
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I can't have been the only person to have been reminded of this due to this thread
VPqU4.jpg

Reactions: 1 person

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, people should start wasting their precious free time to slave over a hot 3DS and crack it for my own personal gain! We definitely should be able to start engaging in illegal activities because we don't want to pay for shit we should be buying!

This thread is dumb.

As much as I agree with you, you are on a hacking forum. Just sayin'.

Critica1

Trophies
Website
www.onehitgamer.com
XP
Country
United States

You wouldn't even know what offends the DCMA. Don't come in here talking about illegal activities when you can't even state your Miranda rights...
Your a fucking reviewer who wastes his own precious time for personal gain. Fuck off hypocrite.

The reason you don't understand it is because your underneath it.

Ritsuki

ORAORAORAORA
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland

You wouldn't even know what offends the DCMA. Don't come in here talking about illegal activities when you can't even state your Miranda rights...
Your a fucking reviewer who wastes his own precious time for personal gain. Fuck off hypocrite.

I'm pretty sure he was kind of ironical there. Anyway, you can't say that he isn't right :

-3DS is still a fresh console (not even a year) and hacking it now would just discourage game makers
-I think that touching the NAND of a console is a a violation of the user contract (not sure)
-Only complaining about the fact that the 3DS is not hacked yet while doing anything for it won't make things happen

Astoria

Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica

I'm pretty sure he was kind of ironical there. Anyway, you can't say that he isn't right :

-3DS is still a fresh console (not even a year) and hacking it now would just discourage game makers
-I think that touching the NAND of a console is a a violation of the user contract (not sure)
-Only complaining about the fact that the 3DS is not hacked yet while doing anything for it won't make things happen

Well, using a flashcart wasn't a violation of the user contract?

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

People never demand that I review something though, that's the difference. I never hear people whine about "OH GUILD NEEDS TO REVIEW THIS RIGHT NOW JESUS".

And yeah, piracy is illegal last time I checked. Not that I don't partake in it, it's just illegal and I know it.

T3GZdev

head of T3GZdev
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
1 just because you personally don't like a game or can run trough it in 10 hours doesn't mean, its the same for everyone else & the price of it should change.
ohh i don't like ps3 so i think they should be free so i can get them for free. :blink:

i don't really see piracy, (not physical material) as stealing tho, but developers should atleast get paid for there work.
regardless of how fast you can run trough it. or how much value you think it should be because you don't like the price.

games get more expensive each gen.
DS = $30, 3DS = $40
gamecube = $30, Wii = $50, Wii u = $60?
PS3 & 360 = $60?

& complaining about price just because its a handheld only lessens the value, & make everyone thing handhelds arent worth it just because they aren't consoles. yes previous gen games

6HyPeR9

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1 just because you personally don't like a game or can run trough it in 10 hours doesn't mean, its the same for everyone else & the price of it should change.
ohh i don't like ps3 so i think they should be free so i can get them for free. :blink:

i don't really see piracy, (not physical material) as stealing tho, but developers should atleast get paid for there work.
regardless of how fast you can run trough it. or how much value you think it should be because you don't like the price.

games get more expensive each gen.
DS = $30, 3DS = $40
gamecube = $30, Wii = $40, PS3 & 360 = $50?
Wii u = $50?

& complaining about price just because its a handheld only lessens the value, & make everyone thing handhelds arent worth it just because they aren't consoles. yes previous gen games

Bro where do you live?
Here it costs 50$ for a wii game and 60$ for PS3/360 games.

Anyways, no use hacking the 3ds now since it hardly has any games out now.

Ritsuki

ORAORAORAORA
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland

Well, using a flashcart wasn't a violation of the user contract?
It depends where you live. You can't use unauthorized software/device with the 3DS, but the definition of "unauthorized" can be different. By example, flashcarts are considered as unauthorized in France, but not in Switzerland. The sanction for that goes from a simple warranty voidance to a criminal penalty.

Astoria

Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
Well, probably i'm talking for many latinamerican users that use this forums...

Here, we pay too much money for the games, and yes TOO MUCH.

Because the low salaries of the region, we buy a flashcart if we want to have a console. (or we hack it [like the wii])

To put it in comparison, MotoGP 06 for Xbox360: $100

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wuebas: While I understand that you (and many others) want the 3DS to be hacked right now,
the sad truth is that it's not yet.
Even though a flashcart is reported to be in the works, it's not yet available to the general public.
And no amount of new threads such as this one are going to change that fact, or hurry up development.
There's simply no need for this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Veho @ Veho: https://youtube.com/watch?v=Y23PPkftXIY