Hacking It's pretty cool how Microsoft provided a way to run homebrew on the XB1 without hacking.

Wolfy

Person That Never Was
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Screenshot? Try a different browser.

Can't currently as I am using a ChromeBook, but I doubt it's a browser issue...

Free Dev Center Membership

The Windows Dev Center gives you the tools you need to get your apps in front of customers quickly. Use this token when you register to get your lifetime Dev Center membership for free.

Oops! Due to high demand, we ran out of Dev Center registration tokens.

Don’t worry, we’re working on getting more. Please bookmark this page and check back later to receive your token.

air2004

Air
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Glad I saw the post last night about the free registration. saved me $19 :-) I wonder how many people signed up for multiple dev mode accounts. I thought about doing it and then selling them lol.

wiired24

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks! It's going to be an interesting time when I set it up x3

Two questions though, checked some articles about it, it requires a wired connection to your PC? Can't connect through the network?

Also how easy is it to run emulators and the such? And the UWP platform only supports their packages correct? No way to easily package a .exe decompiled or such? No unity games or....?

I completely forgot that they were still adding additional games to the backwards compatibility list xD

Since your first question has already been answered I'll answer your last two. It's extremely easy to run emulators. Just download the ProjectPegasus Xbox One Homebrew Client from Github. https://github.com/wiired24/ProjectPegasus

Select the homebrew or emulator/s that you wish to download. (It will automatically come with the needed dependencies for each package so you need not worry about that) And then just sideload the .appx package and it's dependencies and voila your golden, And yes you are correct you can sideload .appx packages but no .exe's. And there are already quite a few homebrew Unity games available for download through ProjectPegasus. There are two sonic games already, Hedgephysics, and Sonic Realms revival.

If you don't know how to sideload homebrew on to your Xbox One just follow this guide here.
https://github.com/wiired24/ProjectPegasus/blob/master/binaries/Installing APPX Packages.pdf

Last edited by wiired24,
Reactions: Pickle_Rick

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: *yawn*