iTouch DS Problem: Need Several Reboots w/4GB

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by bbking67, Mar 25, 2012.

1. bbking67
    OP

bbking67 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 9, 2003
    Canada
    I have a couple of older iTouch DS flashcarts in use with DS Lites. I have the latest (last?) software 3.9a.

The issue I am having only occurs with 4GB MicroSD's.... the smaller sizes always work.

Basically with the 4GB MicroSD, when I turn on the unit, I get a black screen about 75% of the time. If I cycle the power, i will eventually see the yellow "Loading..." menu and it will work.

Is there any way to make the 4GB as reliable as the smaller 512Mb and 1GB MicroSD's that I have tried? The one difference I can see is that the 4GB is formatted using FAT32... could that make a difference? Can I use FAT on that big of a card?

2. Silverthorn

Silverthorn Spiky!

Mar 27, 2012
    France
    You could try to use this to format your card
    or use this as an alternate firmware if you still get problems.
    I have a 4GB and a 8GB card, and they both work fine for me.

3. MidgetCookie

MidgetCookie Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 19, 2012
    New Zealand
    Canterlot
    Maybe re-update your firmware or check your ROM's :D

4. Sicklyboy

Sicklyboy Resident Mechanical Keyboard Addict

Global Moderator
    Jul 15, 2009
    United States
    [̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°̲̅)̲̅$̲̅]
    Make sure the contacts of the cart, cart slot, microSD, and microSD slot are all clean. But yeah, I would first recommend formatting it with the Panasonic formatter.

5. bbking67
    OP

bbking67 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 9, 2003
    Canada
    I used a different SD card and it was fine... I think the 4GB I was using is now completely dead. But all is well with the new MicroSD!!!

1 person likes this.