Homebrew It will be possible to downgrade from >10.3 some day?

CrispyYoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You said this: take out the SD card and wait about a minute on the black screen, right?
Yes, this is more of a last-resort if everything else you've tried failed. If that doesn't work, then you definitely softbricked.

It could've been a file or two, but given the potential danger, the nuclear option (Format) seemed preferred.
Formatting is definitely safer, but also remember that some people actually care about the data they would lose if they did that.

Reactions: Falkiner

Jax

Pip Pip Cheerioink!
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
kA4vQeL.jpg

Seriel

Doing her best
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Some people had issues with downgrading 10.3 N3DS where no matter what, they always wound up with a soft brick. The solution seemed to be to format their system (Potentially cleaning up some incompatible 10.3 bits) and redowngrade. I never had an issue, but it seemed to work.
Yes, I had this issue. I tried every solution I could think of, before finally formatting, which solved it.
Because 10.4 and 10.5 are around so you can't use recovery mode, I highly suggest you format beofre attempting to downgrade.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Formatting is definitely safer, but also remember that some people actually care about the data they would lose if they did that.
You can dump your savedata with svdt before formatting. If you link the same NNID, your purchases are back.

dpad_5678

Ape weak on own. Ape strong in unity.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know it's not possible to downgrade if you passed FW 10.3.

But any hacker give a clue that it will be possible some day? Or with Memchunkhax2 patched, all the hope is gone?

Also, there's any news site that I can follow? Like for PSP/Vita scene I like to read wololo.net.

I also follow smea on twitter, but I want more pleases to look for info.

Regards ;)
Are you fucking kidding me?
After a year we finally get another kernel exploit and now you want ANOTHER one just because you were stupid enough to update?

There doesn't NEED to be another kernel exploit, and there shouldn't be one. Learn from your mistakes.

You don't NEED free games either. Buy them.

I honestly hope there isn't going to be another kernel exploit for AT LEAST a year and a half, because you don't NEED one. It's not vital to your good health & existence.

Reactions: hobbledehoy899

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Possibly, but you shouldn't work under the assumption that it will. Until something is announced and confirmed, it's best for everyone to work as if everything over 10.3 will only ever have access to Smealum's *hax. That way you won't be disappointed if it never happens.

Falkiner

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
After a year we finally get another kernel exploit and now you want ANOTHER one just because you were stupid enough to update?

There doesn't NEED to be another kernel exploit, and there shouldn't be one. Learn from your mistakes.

I honestly hope there isn't going to be another kernel exploit for AT LEAST a year and a half, because you don't NEED one. It's not vital to your good health & existence.

If you read the thread or my signature you would see that my 3DS softbricked, I was forced to update.

If I want free games I can just buy a Sky3DS and it's done.

I really like doing CFW and stuff since I've bought my PSP in 2009.

There's no need to be salty this way.

Also the point of this thread is to know more places to search about the 3DS scene and to know if anyone talked about a new kernel exploit.I'm not "OHMAHGOD RELEASE A NEW EZPLOIT PLZZZZ"

Best regards mate ;)

dpad_5678

Ape weak on own. Ape strong in unity.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you read the thread or my signature you would see that my 3DS softbricked, I was forced to update.

If I want free games I can just buy a Sky3DS and it's done.

I really like doing CFW and stuff since I've bought my PSP in 2009.

There's no need to be salty this way.

Also the point of this thread is to know more places to search about the 3DS scene and to know if anyone talked about a new kernel exploit.I'm not "OHMAHGOD RELEASE A NEW EZPLOIT PLZZZZ"

Best regards mate ;)
Sorry, I jumped to a conclusion, but the DAY that 10.4 came out someone updated and started a shit/rage/rant thread about it.

It just gets tiresome.

Also, I suggest getting a 2DS (from target or walmart, Gamestop will give you a problem about taking it back.) and trying to downgrade that. If you brick it, take it back and just tell them the system won't turn on and get another ;)

Kadin

Ain't no rest for the wicked...
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

This response is completely unnecessary. If you don't like the OP's question, you don't have to respond. Spewing the garbage above that you did doesn't help anyone.

nisimali

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Guatemala
Hi. i got a used N3DS XL, was on 10.1 FW, but when i tried to load the web explorer, said me that have to update first to used it, tried many things, but everytime the same result, so i was force it to upgrade to 10.5, Finally i exploit it, and was enable to launch the homebrew app and installed menuhax manager, now it starts everytime to the homebrew launcher directly (coldboot), dont know if sysupdater 0.4.2c works to downgrade or gonna have a softbrick. Thanks..!

Falkiner

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi. i got a used N3DS XL, was on 10.1 FW, but when i tried to load the web explorer, said me that have to update first to used it, tried many things, but everytime the same result, so i was force it to upgrade to 10.5, Finally i exploit it, and was enable to launch the homebrew app and installed menuhax manager, now it starts everytime to the homebrew launcher directly (coldboot), dont know if sysupdater 0.4.2c works to downgrade or gonna have a softbrick. Thanks..!

You can't downgrade on 10.5, you can use MenuHax but you're unable to downgrade in that case :P

Reactions: nisimali

nisimali

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Guatemala
Sorry, I didn't understand your question.

Like, when you try to use browserHax and doesn't work? If this is your question, just keep trying.
Like when u used the camera and QR Code, to get the exploit, but need the web browser works, but said something about "U have to update to the lastest FW to use it" and u have to update. Thanks..!

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Considering how long it took to get an exploit past 9.2, it's possible, but might take a very long time. Then again, who knows, maybe 10.6 will be buggy as fuck and be exploited. Only time will tell.

Falkiner

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Like when u used the camera and QR Code, to get the exploit, but need the web browser works, but said something about "U have to update to the lastest FW to use it" and u have to update. Thanks..!

Do this: https://gbatemp.net/threads/guide-delete-predownloaded-update-spotpass-nag.381489/ and on Step 4 you need to press NO.

Considering how long it took to get an exploit past 9.2, it's possible, but might take a very long time. Then again, who knows, maybe 10.6 will be buggy as fuck and be exploited. Only time will tell.

Let's wait then, also Digimon is luv <3

Reactions: nisimali

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: oof