Homebrew It will be possible to downgrade from >10.3 some day?

Ripper00420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know it's not possible to downgrade if you passed FW 10.3.

But any hacker give a clue that it will be possible some day? Or with Memchunkhax2 patched, all the hope is gone?

Also, there's any news site that I can follow? Like for PSP/Vita scene I like to read wololo.net.

I also follow smea on twitter, but I want more pleases to look for info.

Regards ;)
Why would anyone update sysnand at all these days??? It just seems childish, every kid who updates by "accident" is always griping about the next hack and when it will be released. My question would be... Why in the hell did you update to begin with??? I know you didn't buy a 10.3 system in 2016. You updated so stop this and move on until you catch wind of another hack, that you will inevitably "accidentally" update past, then come back and complain then as well.

Last edited by Ripper00420,
Reactions: hobbledehoy899

Seriel

Doing her best
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Why would anyone update sysnand at all these days??? It just seems childish, every kid who updates by "accident" is always griping about the next hack and when it will be released. My question would be... Why in the hell did you update to begin with??? I know you didn't buy a 10.3 system in 2016. You updated so stop this and move on until you catch wind of another hack, that will inevitably "accidentally" update past, then come back and complain then as well.
Some people have annoying relatives who update for them <.<

Ripper00420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some people have annoying relatives who update for them <.<
I've heard that as well, and my dog ate my homework too. I don't see why someone would let anyone touch their hacked system, even family, for any reason. I let my 5 year old play mine and this never happened. If your slow enough to put your hacked system in even slower peoples hands, then eat it and move on...lol

On a side note..... man glad to see someone with a real GBA... :)

Last edited by Ripper00420,

Seriel

Doing her best
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've heard that as well, and my dog ate my homework too. I don't see why someone would let anyone touch their hacked system, even family, for any reason. I let my 5 year old play mine and this never happened. If your slow enough to put your hacked system in even slower peoples hands, then eat it and move on...lol
Yeah I said some people :P
I keep mine away from anyone else. Only I access my 3ds. And i'm not stupi enough to update.

Reactions: Ripper00420

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Check https://www.3dbrew.org/wiki/3DS_System_Flaws. Read carefully about the section in "Hardware Flaws". The last entry:

"FIRM partitions known-plaintext"

The FIRM partitions are encrypted with AES-CTR. Since this works by XOR'ing data with a static (per-console in this case) keystream, one can deduce the keystream of a portion of each FIRM partition if they have the actual FIRM binary stored in it.

This can be paired with many exploits. For example, it allows minor FIRM downgrades (i.e. 10.4 to 9.6 or 9.5 to 9.4, but not 9.6 to 9.5).

This can be somewhat addressed by having a FIRM header skip over previously used section offsets, but this would just air-gap newer FIRMs without fixing the core bug. This can also only be done a limited number of times due to the size of FIRM versus the size of the partitions.

If you get your console nand modded, you can have someone give you the decrypted FIRM0/FIRM1 of a 10.3 console and use that to downgrade your own FIRM partitions using that attack. Memchunkhax2 should then work correctly again allowing a full downgrade of the system. ;)

As it has stated, don't attempt to downgrade FIRM to 9.5 or less. 10.2 FIRM (10.3 itself did not have a firm update) is what you want to use. Then you can downgrade to 9.2 with sysupdater (or the "safe" build. What ever the cool kids are using these days. :P )

So it's still possible to downgrade a 10.4/10.5 system. But you will need a nand mod to do so. Note that if you have a n3DS, you must use the n3DS version of the FIRM partition. If o3DS (this attack will work on both hardware versions) is to be downgraded, then use decrypted 10.2 FIRM partition from o3DS. (2DS uses same firmware, so one from that will work too so treat it the same as o3DS/o3DS XL FIRM). Do not try and mix and match them. That should be obvious though. :P

Last edited by Apache Thunder,

Falkiner

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Why would anyone update sysnand at all these days??? It just seems childish, every kid who updates by "accident" is always griping about the next hack and when it will be released. My question would be... Why in the hell did you update to begin with??? I know you didn't buy a 10.3 system in 2016. You updated so stop this and move on until you catch wind of another hack, that you will inevitably "accidentally" update past, then come back and complain then as well.

I'm just gonna quote myself from this thread. Also will put some sentences in bold and red, if you want to TL;DR

Also, here is my GBC,my GBA SP and my Cyndaquil just for fun:

cz6cPAv.jpg

If you read the thread or my signature you would see that my 3DS softbricked, I was forced to update.

If I want free games I can just buy a Sky3DS and it's done.

I really like doing CFW and stuff since I've bought my PSP in 2009.

There's no need to be salty this way.

Also the point of this thread is to know more places to search about the 3DS scene and to know if anyone talked about a new kernel exploit.I'm not "OHMAHGOD RELEASE A NEW EZPLOIT PLZZZZ"

Best regards mate ;)

Sell your 3ds on ebay.. Buy another.. Problem solved..

I'm trying, in Brazil is a little trick to do that because I'm trying to sell for the full price.

Check https://www.3dbrew.org/wiki/3DS_System_Flaws. Read carefully about the section in "Hardware Flaws". The last entry:

If you get your console nand modded, you can have someone give you the decrypted FIRM0/FIRM1 of a 10.3 console and use that to downgrade your own FIRM partitions using that attack. Memchunkhax2 should then work correctly again allowing a full downgrade of the system. ;)

As it has stated, don't attempt to downgrade FIRM to 9.5 or less. 10.2 FIRM (10.3 itself did not have a firm update) is what you want to use. Then you can downgrade to 9.2 with sysupdater (or the "safe" build. What ever the cool kids are using these days. :P )

So it's still possible to downgrade a 10.4/10.5 system. But you will need a nand mod to do so. Note that if you have a n3DS, you must use the n3DS version of the FIRM partition. If o3DS (this attack will work on both hardware versions) is to be downgraded, then use decrypted 10.2 FIRM partition from o3DS. (2DS uses same firmware, so one from that will work too so treat it the same as o3DS/o3DS XL FIRM). Do not try and mix and match them. That should be obvious though. :P

WOWWWW! :grog: I loved this post!

I'm sure I don't have the "MAD SKILLZ" to Hardmod my n3DS, maybe a friend will be able to. Will read more about this. Thanks!

Falkiner

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Im from Argentina, just sell it at the used price and buy another used 3ds but ask what fw version has.. Here is very easy find one with >10.3.

I know a store where I can find >10.3 too, but I've payed R$1100, If I would sell at the used price it will be 850 or 900, I will still need 200 to buy a new one... :/

Ripper00420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm just gonna quote myself from this thread. Also will put some sentences in bold and red, if you want to TL;DR

Also, here is my GBC,my GBA SP and my Cyndaquil just for fun:

cz6cPAv.jpg

I'm trying, in Brazil is a little trick to do that because I'm trying to sell for the full price.

WOWWWW! :grog: I loved this post!

I'm sure I don't have the "MAD SKILLZ" to Hardmod my n3DS, maybe a friend will be able to. Will read more about this. Thanks!
Hundshammer is your man for real, personal experience and highly recommend him. He is USA, but he knows some people who can help in other regions.

Reactions: Falkiner

Procyon

TheRealProcyon
Trophies
Website
discord.me
XP
Country
Netherlands
Just adding some information, I was able to downgrade, but when the system rebooted I got Nintendo Black Error Screen, I HAD to restore it and got my N3DS updated. :/

Here in Brazil is a little trick to find Cubic Ninja, but I can try...

I know I can use Cubic Ninja to load HBL, but I don't know about this to install a CFW (like, even on a higher firmware? I can use emunand?)... Can you tell me more, or link a tutorial?

I was going to downgrade then create a emuNAND on 9.2

I had this too. Now I'm on 10.5 with my week old N3DS.

Falkiner

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I had this too. Now I'm on 10.5 with my week old N3DS.

What was your version before the downgrade?

Have you done anything before trying to downgrade? Like formating the console, etc.

Let's try to see what people do when they softbrick to maybe avoid in the future.

I've turned on my N3DS, did the initial setup, then created a Mii, then started to use browserHax.

First I've trying downgrading on browserHax and the SafeSysUpdater was not working, then I've done the MenuHax and was able to downgrade.

After this users from gbaTemp recommended me to Format the System and the SD Card before trying.

Procyon

TheRealProcyon
Trophies
Website
discord.me
XP
Country
Netherlands
What was your version before the downgrade?

Have you done anything before trying to downgrade? Like formating the console, etc.

Let's try to see what people do when they softbrick to maybe avoid in the future.

I've turned on my N3DS, did the initial setup, then created a Mii, then started to use browserHax.

First I've trying downgrading on browserHax and the SafeSysUpdater was not working, then I've done the MenuHax and was able to downgrade.

After this users from gbaTemp recommended me to Format the System and the SD Card before trying.

9.9 no formatting. Got turn off the system error before finishing, so I couldn't use main settings/SD deleted the original HomeMenu data and it worked again. Also I accidentally didn't disable tubeHAX DNS. Needed to get in the only place in house w/ WiFi and updated my system after editing DNS. Also now I'm on 10.5 and waiting for next haxx.

Last edited by Procyon,

nisimali

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Guatemala
9.9 no formatting. Got turn off the system error before finishing, so I couldn't use main settings/SD deleted the original HomeMenu data and it worked again. Also I accidentally didn't disable tubeHAX DNS. Needed to get in the only place in house w/ WiFi and updated my system after editing DNS. Also now I'm on 10.5 and waiting for next haxx.
U can try the hardmode downgrade, with a little skills soldering and, SD card adapter and 4 short cables, now u dont need anymore a modded console to write the patched NAND, if u wanna try, send me a PM and i will give u, the diagrams where the DAT0, GND, CLK and CMD is for each O3DS and N3DS.

Procyon

TheRealProcyon
Trophies
Website
discord.me
XP
Country
Netherlands
U can try the hardmode downgrade, with a little skills soldering and, SD card adapter and 4 short cables, now u dont need anymore a modded console to write the patched NAND, if u wanna try, send me a PM and i will give u, the diagrams where the DAT0, GND, CLK and CMD is for each O3DS and N3DS.

No need can't do it. I'm a bit young to do that shit and I'm afraid if I do it I'll brick my console.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1