Nova's Guardian
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello

My gaming computer might be dead now :(
This morning, the appartment above mine had a huge water leak, and lot of this water ended upin my appartment.
Whats worse is that it started falling on my computer first.
I immediatly pulled all plug, but by the time i do that, water started leaking from other places on the ceiling, my monitor and my air climatiser got water on them. The climatiser should be fine since it kinda has part that already have water, but what could be the most damaging is that water leaked on the wall, down to the electric plug of said climatiser.
If only it was just water, but now, my whole appartment smells bleach, yes there was bleach in that water...
I got Zelda locked up in a place without any leaks, and started moping :(

I'll have to take a rendez vous with an expert, yo see if the computer can be salvaged. I did unplug in time to avoid shortcircuit, but there was bleach in that water... So just that may have destroyed some component :(

Anywau, it's drying now :(

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Set your apartment on fire. The fire will soon dry up any water left in your equipment. Only side effect is the fire brigade may pay your apartment a visit and make everything wet again.
7s853g.jpg

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You need to make sure it is completely dry, the computer would get fried if you power it on wet. Was the computer on when your ceiling start to leak?
Yes it was on, i immediatly pulled out the plug
The thing is there was bleach and others cleaning product in that water, so even if it dries up completly, it may still be damaged and unsalvageable.
Little update, climatiser is dead :cry:

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Don't worry, bleach is not really harmful to electronics as far as I am aware, so just wait for everything to be completely dry before trying to turn it on again from a dry socket.

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Something about me not being GAY thread
LOL it wasnt my thread :P

Don't worry, bleach is not really harmful to electronics as far as I am aware, so just wait for everything to be completely dry before trying to turn it on again from a dry socket.
Even though it's not damaging, i said bleach because of the smell, but from what i saw/heard when i was in the other appartment above, there wasn't JUST bleach in that water.
She said she bought four bottle of unclogging product (she also mentionned the store she bought it from, so i know it's the very very cheap brand, whatever it is)

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
LOL it wasnt my thread :P

Even though it's not damaging, i said bleach because of the smell, but from what i saw/heard when i was in the other appartment above, there wasn't JUST bleach in that water.
She said she bought four bottle of unclogging product (she also mentionned the store she bought it from, so i know it's the very very cheap brand, whatever it is)
Lol so you are telling me that they managed to get some chemical cocktail so corrosive that it literally ate through the pipes and leaked all over your place?
You absolutely should contact the landlord and tell them about that, the people who caused the water damages should pay back for the reparation and replacement costs, because otherwise there would be nothing done about it most likely, and that just fucking sucks.

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Lol so you are telling me that they managed to get some chemical cocktail so corrosive that it literally ate through the pipes and leaked all over your place?
You absolutely should contact the landlord and tell them about that, the people who caused the water damages should pay back for the reparation and replacement costs, because otherwise there would be nothing done about it most likely, and that just fucking sucks.
What actually happened is that she tried to unclog her stuff and it all started to overflow (or so i think)
When it happened, i pulled all plugs around and went to get some towels and blankets to put where it was leaking (and as i was doing it, it started leaking at different places too...)
After that, i went to the appartment above and started calling the owner. When i entered the appartment, the woman was panicking, she was in tears, as she was trying to mop it. She begged me to not call him because he would kick her out. i reassured her that he won't since it would be illegal if he kicks her out for such reason.*
Anyway, i made some calls including insurances.

*I sadly noticed how immigrants can be so not aware of their rights. This is the second time i notice it in a short amount of time. The woman above seems to be haitian or maurician. She though the landlord could kick her out whenever he pleased.
At my hold job, i had an italian female coworker who didnt know she had the right to be paid for the work she does. She told me she was often doing overtime, but that if it wasn't planned before, she wasn't charging it on her timesheet. When i told her that she has the right to charge it, she laughed like if i made a joke.

• Wow
Reactions: AncientBoi

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
By the way I use pool water (chlorine on it) to clear main board with battery spilled acid on it.

After that using electronic cleaner or isopropyl alcohol for remove all residues and letting dry completely for finishing the process.

Until now no chlorine damage has been make to any electronic.

So if you or some effort on cleans electronics cold be savage. The monitor, well this is other history

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: