• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

"It makes no sense to have separated bathrooms."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I'm saying that they are a place you can have sex with relatively diminished risk, so that increases rate of sex. More opportunities for sex=more opportunities for bad sex.
And all I'm saying is that isn't a given. If a building has only a unisex bathroom, people of any and all genders will hear you having sex in a stall, so the risk of getting caught is actually higher. If exhibitionism is your fetish and the sex is consensual, then you're not gonna care about being caught in ANY bathroom, and your habits aren't gonna change just because construction standards do.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
And all I'm saying is that isn't a given. If a building has only a unisex bathroom, people of any and all genders will hear you having sex in a stall, so the risk of getting caught is actually higher. If exhibitionism is your fetish and the sex is consensual, then you're not gonna care about being caught in ANY bathroom, and your habits aren't gonna change just because construction standards do.

You don't seem to understand that people have thresholds and triggers. Just because people like to have sex on a plane or a unisex bathroom, doesn't mean they want to be raped by you in front of some sort of congregation of people.

It seems that any further commentary from you is always intended to deter attention from how much of an idiot you are in your earlier comments. You like to change the subject to something you are more comfortable with, even after having the gall of saying stupid things--and pretending not to see it.

jeffyTheHomebrewer

Neato Burrito!
Trophies
Website
catboybeebop.neocities.org
XP
Country
United States
No, and as I stated I've never seen a unisex bathroom with more than 1 toilet. Entering when someone else is in one would be disgusting especially if the person is under age.
In my opinion ALL bathrooms, unisex or not, should have at least 3 toilets. I feel sorry that so far the only ones you've seen only had 1. That's actually a little fucked up if I'm being honest

Reactions: Xzi

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
In my opinion ALL bathrooms, unisex or not, should have at least 3 toilets. I feel sorry that so far the only ones you've seen only had 1. That's actually a little fucked up if I'm being honest

In Japan, at least, they usually have a handicapped available bathroom with extra amenities and one toilet. It's the unisex one and it's my favorite. I just don't often have the chance to rationalize using one, myself.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Just because people like to have sex on a plane or a unisex bathroom, doesn't mean they want to be raped by you in front of some sort of congregation of people.
Tone down the accusations there bud, you're the only one here who seems to have rape constantly on your mind. And again: if unisex bathrooms increase the odds of a rapist being caught, then you should consider that a good thing. The reality is that the vast majority of rapes don't occur in public spaces, bathrooms included. Instead they occur where children are left alone with priests (partial /s).

Reactions: jeffyTheHomebrewer

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Tone down the accusations there bud, you're the only one here who seems to have rape constantly on your mind. And again: if unisex bathrooms increase the odds of a rapist being caught, then you should consider that a good thing. The reality is that the vast majority of rapes don't occur in public spaces, bathrooms included. Instead they occur where children are left alone with priests (partial /s).

I admit that "rape" was inconsistent with "consensual exhibitionism", but your proposal did suggest the idea that someone who is willing to have sex in a public place is willing to have sex in any public place. I took that logic to suggest that if someone is willing to have sex with someone, than they'd be willing to have sex with anyone. I'd be lying if I suggested you aren't a rapist. Potential rape and sexual assault are literally the concern of the topic. You are doing everything you can to dismiss it. If you aren't a rapist, you are at least enabling them.

If unisex bathrooms increase the odds of a rapist being caught, then I do consider them a good thing.

The reality is that they can't, anymore than gender designated bathrooms. I can't say by how much, but I can say that gender designated bathrooms are less promoting of sexual activity.

ZeroFX

why?
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
"of course makes no sense, heheh, make em unisex hehe, no particular reason *sniff*"
"i've been into girls bathroom often hehe they're... that's why i know... they're disgusting like men's eheheheh" (except for the only reply that contained an actual study)
"you think like an rapist and a peeping tom, man open your mind" (i live in a country that has some very specific laws on this last one, so yeah, dont worry about it)
* 90% of the thread

• Haha
Reactions: tabzer

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
"of course makes no sense, heheh, make em unisex hehe, no particular reason *sniff*"
"i've been into girls bathroom often hehe they're... that's why i know... they're disgusting like men's eheheheh" (except for the only reply that contained an actual study)
* 90% of the thread

Yeah, this thread is very revealing. I both hate and love that degenerates are so willing to out themselves. I'd argue to not try to change their mind, and to allow them to continue to being that shining example, of what a pervert is.

Reactions: ZeroFX

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I admit that "rape" was inconsistent with "consensual exhibitionism", but your proposal did suggest the idea that someone who is willing to have sex in a public place is willing to have sex in any public place. I took that logic to suggest that if someone is willing to have sex with someone, than they'd be willing to have sex with anyone.
"Sex" and "rape" are not interchangeable terms, and I've been careful to include the word "consensual" where I felt it was necessary. If whatever point it is you're trying to make requires intentional misinterpretation/putting words in my mouth, then it's not a point worth making at all.

I'd be lying if I suggested you aren't a rapist.
And I'd be lying if I said this isn't report worthy, you absolute POS. Hopefully ban worthy, even.

If unisex bathrooms increase the odds of a rapist being caught, then I do consider them a good thing. The reality is that they can't, anymore than gender designated bathrooms.
JFC, this isn't rocket science. If you have one big bathroom in a building instead of two smaller ones, then at least twice as many people will frequent it. That's at least twice as many potential witnesses to any crime, rape included.

Reactions: Tsukiru

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
"Sex" and "rape" are not interchangeable terms, and I've been careful to include the word "consensual" where I felt it was necessary. If whatever point it is you're trying to make requires intentional misinterpretation/putting words in my mouth, then it's not a point worth making at all.

I admitted that I went over the top. I even apologized for it and corrected the intention of my point. My point is valid. The fact is that you'd rather focus on the "hurt" you've experienced over the facts being maintained, so therefore it would be reasonable to assume that this thread is about you.

And I'd be lying if I said this isn't report worthy, you absolute POS.

It's not. It's a true statement. I cannot confirm that you are not a POS. In fact, your own participation in this thread already suggests that not only are you a POS, but a potential rapist.

JFC, this isn't rocket science. If you have one big bathroom in a building instead of two smaller ones, then at least twice as many people will frequent it. That's at least twice as many potential witnesses to any crime, rape included.

I do agree that replacing all gender-designated bathrooms with unisex ones can potentially save space and resources. I cannot agree that replacing all gender-designated bathrooms with unisex ones would reduce sexual escapades, and in extension, rape. The fact that I am pointing out is that a place where co-eds can occupy the same space, without surveillance, is going to increase the likelihood of those things. Seems like you are saying something like "we don't know what happens when we dip Jacob into acid because we have never dipped Jacob into acid. Let's find out."

I think you are sick, tbh.

Last edited by tabzer,

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I admitted that I went over the top. I even apologized for it and corrected the intention of my point. My point is valid.

It's not. It's a true statement. I cannot confirm that you are not a POS. In fact. your own comment history suggests that you are.
In no universe does this qualify as an apology or a retraction. Try again.

I do agree that replacing all gender-designated bathrooms with unisex ones can potentially save space and resources. I cannot agree that replacing all gender-designated bathrooms with unisex ones would reduce sexual escapades, and in extension, rape. The fact that I am pointing out, is that a place where co-eds can occupy the same space, without surveillance, is going to increase the likelihood of those things. Seems like you are saying something like "we don't know what happens when we dip Jacob into acid because he have never dipped Jacob into acid."
For the hundredth time: we already have unisex public bathrooms in use, we've had them for decades. If there was any unbiased data proving that they increase crime rates, you'd be able, willing, and eager to provide it. Yet here we are four pages deep and you've got nothing.

I haven't even suggested replacing existing bathrooms. I simply don't care if all newly-built ones moving forward are unisex instead, and neither should anyone else. It's just another ragebait topic for sensationalist right-wing media to cling to, but their majority-boomer viewer base is quickly dying out.

Reactions: jeffyTheHomebrewer

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I haven't even suggested replacing existing bathrooms. I
Considering that my response was directly made to you suggesting so, I don't think anyone can really disagree. You are lying, and not only that, you are contradicting yourself. If anyone believes you are being honest, it's only because they are able to ignore statements you made.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Considering that my response was directly made to you suggesting so, I don't think anyone can really disagree. You are lying, and not only that, you are contradicting yourself.
Page three, literally my first response to you in this thread:
Now, what I will say is that it doesn't make much sense for existing buildings with already-separated bathrooms to remodel, but a lot of buildings already had unisex bathrooms installed as well, long before this topic became the latest target for conservative fearmongering.
Womp womp.

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What I said is that it raises the odds of assault happening, not that it will happen 100% of the time. Of course gendered bathrooms didn't stop assaults from happening but with unisex ones the risk really is higher. Can you tell me if what I said doesn't make sense? I know why you want sources for this, however it's not like I have to provide sources for my claim. I'm just using common sense (even if I use a source some people are like : you're using that as a source?, not convincing)
Edit: We are in a forum so it is kinda a debate, people are entitled to their opinions after all
A little off cuff here but I kinda wish people would embrace this logic with gun violence. Places would probably be a lot safer if they did.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Page three, literally my first response to you in this thread:

Womp womp.

I haven't even suggested replacing existing bathrooms. I...
If you have one big bathroom in a building instead of two smaller ones, then at least twice as many people will frequent it.

That you, womp womp-kun? Run away, come back with an unrelated argument. Pretend nobody notices...

By the way, tell me that you aren't a rapist. It would make me feel better about interacting with you.

A little off cuff here but I kinda wish people would embrace this logic with gun violence. Places would probably be a lot safer if they did.

They do. Nobody claims that the existence of guns decreases gun violence. The second amendment might decrease gun violence in a world that already has guns. However, such an argument is too advanced for someone who thinks co-ed bathrooms decreases sexual assault--using the "lack of data" as supporting evidence. We know that means willful ignorance. Admit it.

Last edited by tabzer,

Aristeia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
As someone who is trans (Male to Female), I don't really think having combined bathrooms makes sense, at least ONLY combined bathrooms.

Personally, I don't really care about where it is, I just want to be able to use it and leave, even if people decide the right thing is for me is to use the Men's Room. (Though, I think that would actually be more awkward for the men because I'm fortunate enough to be indistinguishable.)

I would rather men and women feel comfortable, for the men and women who it matters to. I'm sure it's not everyone, but why go out of your way to make it more difficult for them? They're just trying to live their lives. I understand that perhaps some transpeople might be bullied and such over using their preference, but this is an entirety separate issue.

I don't believe in society changing simply because someone like me exists. People deserve to be comfortable. Forcing this issue on others is not productive to acceptance.

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I was a woman I wouldn't care who else is in the bathroom as long as there's enough stools for privacy.
What, are all men supposed to be seen as perverts or something? What about other women? Shouldn't we all logically just feel unsafe in general if there's another human in the bathroom, then?
For one, you are not a woman. Second, I specifically said to go as a woman and yet, you are sitting here asking me.

Considering that the vast majority of rapes and sexual assault are committed by men, I would conclude that women would not want to be in a confined space with only one entrance/exit.

So, once again, go ask some women how they would feel if they were in a public bathroom with men in there.
Post automatically merged:

Yeah I honestly couldn't care less either way. Public toilets are all either disgusting or fine depending on how often they're cleaned, and I've been the one who had to do the cleaning in my younger years. Everyone has unisex bathrooms in their house, so what does it really matter.
Is the bathroom in your house open to the public? Seems like that would be a major differentiating detail.

Last edited by TraderPatTX,
Reactions: sombrerosonic
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1