Gaming Issues with Skyward Sword In USB loader CFB

kyomagi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a fix or a better usb loader that will run skyward sword with better graphics? i get these weird lines and absolute terrible graphics. I do have a 1080p tv and using the standard def av cables. But this is just insane..

fyi im using version 65 (ithink) and 249

thanks

Pete666

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is there a fix or a better usb loader that will run skyward sword with better graphics? i get these weird lines and absolute terrible graphics. I do have a 1080p tv and using the standard def av cables. But this is just insane..

fyi im using version 65 (ithink) and 249

thanks

by component cables..

Lucif3r

Trophies
XP
Country
It will be better. But if you expect HD graphic youre on the wrong console. The Wii can only put out 480p, which then gets upscaled by your TV to 1080p, which naturally results in "bad graphic".

BasedKiliK

Salt of the Earth~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, depending how good his TV is at upscaling lower progressive signals, it could still look great.

But anyway, component will give you a MUCH clearer picture in general. It's got 3 separate video cables for the overall video signal, and your TV processes them all at once for the image to appear. Composite's got that single yellow cable for video, which mixes all those signals together and makes the image muddy and horrible to look at on an HDTV.

And as Lucif3r said, the max resolution the Wii can output is 480p, so expect jaggies everywhere.

Heran Bago

Where do puyo come from?
Trophies
Website
heranbago.com
XP
Country
United States
The 'weird lines' are intentional, it is an effect carried over from Wind Waker and part of what makes the painterly filer possible. In can be seen heavily in WW in places with many effects going such as the windy parts of Dragon Roost Isle.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
is there a way to show the wii in native 480i and tell the tv not to up scale?

You want to have over 80% of your screen in black? And also do you want flickering black horizontal lines in the image?

This wouldn't be so bad if tv manufactures wouldn't save money in the wrong places. We have HDTV for years now, but there's still lots of content that's not HD, but almost no tv has a good integrated upscaler.

kyomagi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its weird, my tv gives me info about whats running on that certain connection. LIke my monitor, it says 1920 x 1080, my ps3 1080p 60hz and my wii it says 480i 60hz un rated.

kyomagi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whats weird about that? The wii can only do 576i@50, 480i@60 and 480p@60; selectable via sysmenu settings.

Thanks for that info, where in the wii menu can i change that. and if i get the better cables and change it to say 576i, should receive better graphics? or should i stick to 480p?

Also, i have seen wii to hdmi dongles, do those even work?

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
576i is only for PAL (EU/Australia) region Wii consoles, but since you live in the US (like me) you're limited to 480i/p. The HDMI cables they make for the Wii are bull crap; the Wii is not an HD console (Enhanced Definition only) so they're only good if you want to hook it up to a PC monitor. The only way to play Wii games in HD is to get the emulator Dolphin and play it on your PC, provided your PC meets the recommended requirements to play a gamecube/wii emulator.

kyomagi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have dolphin, the graphics for zelda are good, but the distance and water color graphics are bad. Plus i found an interesting article on this issue as a whole.

If i get the component cables, set the wii to 480p, the tv will not scale up to 1080p, the tv itself will adjust to the lower resolution giving the wii a good picture.

1) Setting the Wii to 480p mode does not cause the Wii to convert 480i to 480p. It causes the Wii to produce a 480p signal directly, thus eliminating the need for any conversion from interlaced to progressive.

2) The TV will not convert 480p to 1080p. The TV will detect that it is receiving a 480 line resolution signal and lower its resolution from 1080 to 480.

Eliminating the conversion from interlaced to progressive will make the Wii feel a bit more responsive. As others have noted, using component video will generally result in crisper images and improved colors over composite video, especially on an LCD screen.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
As was said previously, the Wii cannot and will not upscale to 1080p; the max resolution is 480p/576i, depending on the region. There is no way around this save using an emulator.
With a powerful enough processor you can make it look a little better on Dolphin, but that's it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1