Skyward sword loads a black screen with both usb loader gx and wiiflow

Amuro-san

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm not up to that point yet, I don't think. I remember that flying contest thing you do near the beginning, didn't realize you had to push A when you got close to that winged creature to capture the statue. then, the floating down into that circle. what a pita.
my frustration is i can't get in, this is the holy flames part, It's already close to the end of the game (I believe)

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd imagine a settings issue would black screen the game at the beginning, when loading, or near to it. there was an issue with saves if you did something out of order that prevented the game from being beatable. I don't think it was that though. even if it was, I have the channel to fix it, but it's no longer active now that the eshop has closed. no idea what could be the problem. I'd think you would've encountered issues long before near the end of the game.

Reactions: CoolMe

Amuro-san

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'd imagine a settings issue would black screen the game at the beginning, when loading, or near to it. there was an issue with saves if you did something out of order that prevented the game from being beatable. I don't think it was that though. even if it was, I have the channel to fix it, but it's no longer active now that the eshop has closed. no idea what could be the problem. I'd think you would've encountered issues long before near the end of the game.
it's the first time I'm playing it, on my other Wii (2019) I downloaded the same game (same version as before) and my brother finished it, now on this Wii nothing, it's him and Kirby Wii Adventure that are like this, Kirby with 10% of the game done (when you take the oars from the boat

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it's corruption. one of the kirby games, I don't think it's that one, will black screen when you get on the star after the pipe section in the first area. the fact that you have 10% precludes that possibility.

Amuro-san

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that may be it. you can fix the black screen problem with a txt file and the latest usb loader gx mod by @blackb0x . it's designed to read from a text file that I think is supposed to be on the root of the sd card. not sure if that's the problem you're having or not.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
btw, afaik, the next update (not sure if it's released yet) will work with kirby without the need for the text file. it's been a while since I've looked into it.

Amuro-san

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
that may be it. you can fix the black screen problem with a txt file and the latest usb loader gx mod by @blackb0x . it's designed to read from a text file that I think is supposed to be on the root of the sd card. not sure if that's the problem you're having or not.
may be, here in the root and in the folders there is no relevant TXT file

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found a person with a similar problem to mine in Kirby, but in Zelda I didn't
https://gbatemp.net/threads/kirbys-adventure-wii-crashes-after-new-file-sukp01.389871/
there's an issue with the instructional video that I know of. it's the instructional video for wii remote plus. and, I know it doesn't like emunand for saves. both of these things can cause a black screen. that's why I suggested booting the dol file directly. this feature is in usb loader gx under the game's settings. I think you can bypass the dol for the video by doing this. however, it usually black screens at the beginning when you get to the title screen.

Amuro-san

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
there's an issue with the instructional video that I know of. it's the instructional video for wii remote plus. and, I know it doesn't like emunand for saves. both of these things can cause a black screen. that's why I suggested booting the dol file directly. this feature is in usb loader gx under the game's settings. I think you can bypass the dol for the video by doing this. however, it usually black screens at the beginning when you get to the title screen.
if you have a print that can show me the settings, maybe it's this dol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftyFz0yBxj8