Hacking Issues Concerning M3i Zero - Seeking Assistance

Dr Awesomo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Good evening reader, thanks for taking the time to read this. Perhaps now you'd like to read the rest?

See, I recently fell into possession of an M3i Zero to put good use to my new DSi. I'd been searching up the appropriate files prior to the Card's arrival in the mail, and setting it up was a pre-meditated procedure that went without a hitch. I transferred my ROMs from my M3DSReal, and installed the OS files for Sakura and Touchpod found here on GBAtemp (Thank you!).

Seems pretty routine for an M3 user, no? That's what I thought. But, I found a few concerns I was hoping would get addressed if I brought them here. And they are simply this:

1.) Sleep mode doesn't seem to actually function...At all. In fact, it shuts my DSi off completely when attempted. There is an exception, however. Pokemon Rangers: Shadows of Almia will sleep 75% of the time, which is nice. I'd much have it work globally over my games, mind you, but it's proof that sleep is in fact possible. People have reported that this is most likely a contact issue, and to use a piece of Bristol board to "thicken" the cartridge. No luck.

2.) Slow motion, like Sleep mode, doesn't work. the only difference is that when I try to use slow motion, the DSi doesn't turn off. Other than that, it just plain doesn't work. There is, of course, and exception. Mario Kart will work, but only on slow motion level 3, which doesn't actually change the speed at all. It just rips up the sound quality of the game. To be honest though, slow motion is the least of my concerns.

2.5) Speaking of Mario Kart though, are Wi-Fi oriented AR cheats designed to work while playing locally via download play? With other people who have the game, I mean. Tried it once...everyone claimed they were the only ones moving when I activated the cheats, and they were right.
Also, what's the Download Play command used for on both Touchpod and Sakura? I'm able to fully support download play for people who don't have the cartridge without using this mode. In fact, all this mode does is deactivate any cheats I have activated (It says so while loading the game), which isn't such a bad thing, since I can't get em to work anyways.

3.) RTSave and Soft-Reset...you guessed it, don't work. Well, that's a lie. Soft-Reset works on Sakura (Yay!) but not Touchpod. And to be honest, I could care less about RTSave. Don't get me wrong, it's cool...but I wouldn't use it if I could.

EDIT: Oh, and by the way! To those who're interested to know, the SDMicro i'm currently using is a Verbatim 4GB SDHC. Thanks to Bluejays for pointing out the lack of this information.

So, to anyone who cared to read this far, can I ask you a favor? I'm not looking for answers, or any kind of justification as to why this is the way it is. Just help.
What kind of help, you ask? Just about anything will do. Stories about how you fixed it, perhaps.
But I suppose if it was up to me the kinda help i'd recieve, it'd be this:
Send me your system files! If you have working features, perhaps your system files are just better than mine! But that's just a thought...

That said, let it be known that any kind of help is greatly appreciated. And Thank you for reading this.

bluejays

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
the ds download play options turns of cheats because you cant use cheats in ds download play otherwise it will not work because they will download play different files then yours since yours are cheated..Im pretty sure u can download play without that setting checked.

Most of the other things you said could be just because of the new unstable sakura but i will read it again later to see if i can provide you with a better answer.

Might be your SD card for #1 so try to state the brand of the sd card and the size...also try reformatting it..if that doesnt work then it may be the nds file itself

Slow motion and RTS were always buggy in some games so its not a surprise it may not work..because im used to flash cards that cant do either of those i dont even use them anyways

Dr Awesomo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
bluejays said:
the ds download play options turns of cheats because you cant use cheats in ds download play otherwise it will not work because they will download play different files then yours since yours are cheated..Im pretty sure u can download play without that setting checked.

Most of the other things you said could be just because of the new unstable sakura but i will read it again later to see if i can provide you with a better answer.

Might be your SD card for #1 so try to state the brand of the sd card and the size...also try reformatting it..if that doesnt work then it may be the nds file itself

Slow motion and RTS were always buggy in some games so its not a surprise it may not work..because im used to flash cards that cant do either of those i dont even use them anyways

Hey Bluejays, thanks for the reply. It's been a few days since I posted this, so it's nice to see someone putting in a few helpful words.

That said, it's too bad RTS and Slow-Motion are buggy, but like you, it's not my greatest concern.

My current SDHC Micro is of the Verbatim variety, 4GB. Word has it Kingston is better for this kinda stuff, but my access to such a card is limited. the card i'm using isn't actually mine, I borrowed it. It is, however, fully formatted.
I Have a friend that can lend me a 4GB Sony, and my father who can lend me his 8GB Lexus. Perhaps they'll be better?

Once again, thanks for the response. Another would be greatly appreciated ^^

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1