Issue while updating

Brawl345

Trophies
Website
wiidatabase.de
XP
Country
Germany
But is it legal to host these files? I mean, it is code from nintendo. But i dunno.
The XML? No. The CDN can be mapped via DNS to the Wii U CDN.

Nice findings, but what we just need to do is replace the old response URL with the new one from WiiDatabase and then patch this in the Wii System Menu WAD, config settings, or anything else.
But since i'm no a specialized programmer/hacker i can't help with that :P
There is nothing to patch, you would just need a custom DNS server that points the SOAP request to another domain which response with the standard XML. There is no HTTPS or something. I haven't really messed with the update process though and I don't know if the Wii verifies other things (serving custom IOS would obviously not work since they are not signed, but official ones should work).

MiguelAndrade5

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
No, Alex is saying that u can no longer do an online official update to 4.3 on a stock Wii

Edit: I think with RC24's DNS u can maybe still do it, but I'm not sure if it will if u don't fully install rc24
So how would I update because I want to soft mod my wii but I can’t due it not being on version 4.3

MiguelAndrade5

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This is not new, it always said that (only when you are already on 4.x I think). Updating is currently not possible while the NUS is not working because the SOAP endpoint throws 503 and isn't available on the Wii U CDN. That means it also WON'T work with RC24 DNS.

The only solution is to download all newest IOS manually from the NUS and install them to update to 4.3 (minus the IOS above 200 obviously).
EDIT: Or update via disc
Ok, I don’t know how to do any of these, do you have any YouTube videos I could follow?

Reactions: SaulFabre

MiguelAndrade5

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You don't need to update. You can mod any version. Currently, you can only update via a Wii game disc (for games released after 2010) if you want.
So if I can use the disk is there no use for updating and I’ve come across many people who where already modded but wanted to update and remod

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So is my best course to just forget updating it and mod it as it is? And if so I believe I still need to get the Zelda game to do the twilight hack? Is this correct?
Don't make this harder than it is.
Use modmii
Sounds simple, doesn't it?

ModMii will provide an entrypoint for 3.4E (Bannerbomb or str2hax should do) and update all IOS as well as install 4.1E or 4.3E if you wish.

MiguelAndrade5

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Don't make this harder than it is.

Sounds simple, doesn't it?

ModMii will provide an entrypoint for 3.4E (Bannerbomb or str2hax should do) and update all IOS as well as install 4.1E or 4.3E if you wish.
I’m quite new to this, so you have a good video or tutorial I could follow as everything I can find seems to be for version 4.3

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.