simonarturo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Hallo
well, I used: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=175743&st=0 to go from a 3.4J to a 4.1U softmodded wii, following every step in the guide and finished by installing cioscorp v3.5 (and a week after uninstalled it and upgraded to 3.6 for hackmii support, but the problem was there before that)

As I said, everything is working perfectly minus the fact that the wii won't boot, except to Preloader whenever I hold reset at startup. If I don't press reset, the wii will turn on (green light) briefly, and then go to a standby yellow light and stay there until I turn it on pressing reset. Once I get to preloader everything works flawlessly, I can go to the system menu, bootmii,etc without a problem, but it's still a hassle having to boot to preloader every single time. Is this normal? Some fix for it?

I'm afraid that if I re-install stuff I will just f*ck it up further and because my wii was initially a japanese wii i'm afraid of re-virginizing it (i want the region to stay U)

Oh, and also, I would like help trying to sort out the "Disc Read Error" in super smash bros brawl using a dvd5 version (no usb loading)

Thanks in advance, sorry for all the noob questions, it's just that I'm sure there's something to be done about that startup glitch (as it happened to another moddified wii, a 4.2U using a different guide)

simonarturo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I've tried that, and it doesn't seem to work. Is there any hack that might interfere with this? Such as the "no health screen" hack?

simonarturo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
In this case, I'm using PRELOADER, not priiloader (I'm under the impression that they are indeed different even if they serve the same function, right?) ok, so i'm using preloader rev 0.30 in ios60, both boot to and return are set to system menu, and it's the same.

Is it still ok for me to update to the priiloader rev46 as you are saying? How do I go from preloader 0.30 to priiloader?

simonarturo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
allright, so I will overwrite over my current preloader and that's it?
another thing to note is that bootmii is installed as IOS not boot2

simonarturo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
haha, yeah, I've read a lot about people unplugging during updates and whatever as not to do it, will edit my post with the results.
But, is this a known issue? Because it happened to a friend who softmodded his 4.2U but with priiloader this time and it's exactly the same (won't boot except when pressing reset to boot to priiloader)

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
I had the problem (or similar problem) using priiloader rev 30-43, rev46 works nicely

I never heard of any1 having this problem using preloader though. But seriously, preloader 0.30 is useless, in my opinion there are only 2 smart options, 1 is using preloader 0.29 (JODI mod, or the HAXX edition + HAXX to JODI forwarder channel) because of its proven stability. The alternative is using the latest stable version of priiloader for all its extra features. Preloader 0.30 is just a stepping stone between preloader and priiloader (you can almost think of if as priiloader rev 0).

As I, as well as many others, have not had any problems with priiloader rev 46, I recommend installing that.

simonarturo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
rapidshare is being a bitch, so I have to wait a little to get it

also, and sorry for the bunch of questions, do you reccomend unistalling cioscorp before updating to priiloader rev46 or it doesn't matter?

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
technically it doesn't matter (in other worse, u wont brick by installing priiloader on a wii that already has cioscorp), but if u don't need cioscorp (ie. u use usb loaders or neogamma) then there is no point to it. So generally I am against cioscorp, but if u already have it installed... meh, but if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

edit: also, google rapidshare plus 4 to solve your rapidshare woes (doesn't speed it up, but automates it so u dont have to babysit your pc to download something)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sjy9nc5QwBY