Hacking ISO extracted from WBFS hdd wont work

CJLopez

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Well, recently a friend of mine bought a third party guitar to play guitar hero, but the store clerk told him it won't work on recent guitar hero games or rockband. Well, he wanted to get those games but didn't wanted to get more plastic toys, so i downloaded the games, and stored them on my hdd to give a test to the guitar. It worked on every single game (though in world tour and metallica we had issues actvating the star power).

So, i didn't wanted to get rid of the games but didn't wanted them on my hdd; I stracted the isos from the wbfs hd and burned them as I burned my previous wii iso. Then later, a neighboor lend me a guitar so i tried to play the iso games and this is what happened

1. Gamma Loader.- Black Screen and then the Wii would reset
2. SoftChip.- Same thing as gamma loader
3. NeoGamma.- Presented a Error code (hard to tell as it appear behind the dvd stats)

So i tried this burned game extracted from the wbfs and the 3 presented the same problem. Any idea why this could had happened? I later extracted the isos to the HD again and worked flawlessly (bout in NeoGamma and USB Loader GX).

I extracted the ISOS with WBSFManager 3.0

iceache

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
CJLopez said:
Well, recently a friend of mine bought a third party guitar to play guitar hero, but the store clerk told him it won't work on recent guitar hero games or rockband. Well, he wanted to get those games but didn't wanted to get more plastic toys, so i downloaded the games, and stored them on my hdd to give a test to the guitar. It worked on every single game (though in world tour and metallica we had issues actvating the star power).

So, i didn't wanted to get rid of the games but didn't wanted them on my hdd; I stracted the isos from the wbfs hd and burned them as I burned my previous wii iso. Then later, a neighboor lend me a guitar so i tried to play the iso games and this is what happened

1. Gamma Loader.- Black Screen and then the Wii would reset
2. SoftChip.- Same thing as gamma loader
3. NeoGamma.- Presented a Error code (hard to tell as it appear behind the dvd stats)

So i tried this burned game extracted from the wbfs and the 3 presented the same problem. Any idea why this could had happened? I later extracted the isos to the HD again and worked flawlessly (bout in NeoGamma and USB Loader GX).

I extracted the ISOS with WBSFManager 3.0

Why are you burning DVD's if you're using USB Loader GX?

CJLopez

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
iceache said:
My guess would be bad DVD-R's

I been using the same brand for quite a while and hadn't had problems

akash86 said:
try doing this, cuz im pretty sure i know wut u did wrong
WIU 1.1
download that, and open the wii iso with it. Make sure it says good size, etc. then patch the update =D ur good to go

I'll be trying this in the afternoon

QUOTE(iceache @ Jul 15 2009, 08:48 AM)
Why are you burning DVD's if you're using USB Loader GX?

Because i need more space for better games. I don't really like Guitar Hero/Rock Band games and won't be wasting space that better games (IMO) migth be able to use, but i didn't wanted to get rid of them 100% so i burned them. I noticed they didn't worked when tested a Wii a friend asked me to hack and those wouldn't work and the rest did. figured out that it might had been somethign wrong with the hackinf process and tested them on my wii on which didn't worked either

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, @Psionic Roshambo sorry but im not that used to listening to non game music +1