Hacking iSmart MM exactly the same as Supercard DSTWO?

Schicksalsheld

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Sorry for my really bad English, i know i should learn a bit more proper english.

Hello, the Firmware of the iSmart MM seems to be the same as the Firmware of die Supercard DSTWO, is there any difference between the iSmart MM and the Supercard DSTWO, except the Brand?
I own a Supercard DSTWO GBATemp Special Collectors Edition and don't like scratches on the Sticker, that's the reason why i am searching for a cheap replacement Product.

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
There are some small differences between the kernels (and they are not interchangeable), but for the most part the iSMM has the same features as the DSTWO. Notable difference is that the iSMM uses the OEM design of the iPlayer, and thus it doesn't have as much power as the DSTWO and doesn't use quite as much energy as the DSTWO does in terms of playtime per charging. Also, homebrew utilizing the iSMM's CPU are practically zero as they don't feel inclined (or can't) release the SDK to go with the flashcart whereas the DSTWO's SDK is easily accessible and there are a couple of homebrew things to play with.

Here's a thread that might help you actually see what differences there might be in comparison to one another.
http://gbatemp.net/t270687-flashcart-demonstrations

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
georgelathouwers said:
It is said that iSmart MM is the same company as r4i gold R4idsn, and acekard.cc.

Nobody knows.
rolleyes.gif
Shut up troll. It's not.

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
jurassicplayer said:
There are some small differences between the kernels (and they are not interchangeable), but for the most part the iSMM has the same features as the DSTWO. Notable difference is that the iSMM uses the OEM design of the iPlayer, and thus it doesn't have as much power as the DSTWO and doesn't use quite as much energy as the DSTWO does in terms of playtime per charging. Also, homebrew utilizing the iSMM's CPU are practically zero as they don't feel inclined (or can't) release the SDK to go with the flashcart whereas the DSTWO's SDK is easily accessible and there are a couple of homebrew things to play with.

Here's a thread that might help you actually see what differences there might be in comparison to one another.
http://gbatemp.net/t270687-flashcart-demonstrations
Totally agree with this answer. maybe you made a better answer than mine on ask GBAtemp.
tongue.gif

http://ask.gbatemp.net/974/why-get-superca...if-there-ismart
lol at the "Best answer, chosen by question poster"

Noobs are awesome ...

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I meant to save these for the review but as that gets delayed for various reasons. Apologies those on slow connections.

iSMM PCB shots.
isMMchips.jpg

issmsdslotscan.jpg

The SD slot picture has the chip surface sanded.

The long chip on the other side did not scan well so it was adjusted “in post” as it were.
the writing on it is
Zentel
A3V56S40ETP -G6
TAIWAN A36BFD1B

It is a 3.3V 256Mb SDRAM chip with the G6 part seemingly indicating it is clocked at 166MHz with a CL of 3. If you are trying to find a datasheet on the Zentel site it comes under the one for the A3V56S30ETP.

DSTWO PCB shots
09_supercardds2_review_pcb_front.jpg

10_supercardds2_review_pcb_back.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1