iSakuReal Question

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by Skyline969, Jan 14, 2009.

Jan 14, 2009

iSakuReal Question by Skyline969 at 10:57 PM (831 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. Skyline969
    OP

Member Skyline969 MENUdo Afficionado

Canada
    Will it matter at all if I rename Defaultx to TouchPod and DefaultY to iTouchDS and put them in a new folder called Other OS's? I know that I won't be able to hold X or Y to boot into them, but that's not a real concern for me. But will it work then if I just open one of those NDS files like any other NDS file in Sakura and I will have the corresponding OS?

2. 11gardir

Member 11gardir GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Unlikely - if they were in a new directory they would be able to find all of the other required files.

Anyone confirm?

3. Skyline969
    OP

Member Skyline969 MENUdo Afficionado

Canada
    Hmm, I dunno 11gardir. Programming and working with files in programming is a tough call. Sometimes programs refer to files from the root of the hard drive (or flash card in this case) and other times they refer to files in the same directory as themselves (For example, if a program was in.. let's say My Documents, it could refer to files it works with located in My Documents. If the files aren't in the same folder, you get an error.). I'll just rename one (that definitely won't affect it except for I won't be able to hold X or Y to boot into it anymore) and move it and post the results here. If it works, maybe some people are like me and they don't like having a lot of files at the root of their SD card. I like to keep everything in folders so it looks cleaner in Sakura.

4. unz

Member unz Chaotic Neutral

Australia
    Or you could just leave everything where it is, put your microSD card in your PC and set the defaultx and defaulty file attributes to hidden.

That way, Sakura will still boot the alternative OS's when you hit the appropriate buttons on startup, without any unsightly clutter. [​IMG]

5. mc_B3oWoLF

Member mc_B3oWoLF GBAtemp Regular

Russia
    plz. anybody, delete this post, it appeared here by my stupid mistake [​IMG]

6. PettingZoo

Member PettingZoo yesss

Australia
    That's what I did [​IMG]