Hacking Is your R4DS bricked and not a clone?

Yyhhggtt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought a real, old r4ds from realhotstuff.com, after about 2 months, it stuck at Loading... any fix for it? I used the real frimware for it, from r4ds.cn... any fix?

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TrolleyDave said:
When did you buy it? Chances are that even though you think it's not a clone it is. Try reading this sticky http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=116065 and trying different firmwares. If it's a clone it won't accept the official firmware because it's encrypted and most clones run off unencrypted firmware.

Well he said it worked for 2 months and just stopped. Did you, by any chance, download some "bad" files like the fake Dragon Quest IX hentai dump?

Yyhhggtt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i didn't download any bad files at all, just i didnt use it for a week, and the MSD was corruped, and got a new MSD, and was stuck on Loading... and i bought it around 2007 summer... and it did work with the offical frimware

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Yyhhggtt said:
i didn't download any bad files at all, just i didnt use it for a week, and the MSD was corruped, and got a new MSD, and was stuck on Loading...

Try the firmwares from the sticky, it sounds like you've installed the official firmware on a clone card.

edit : If it used to work with the official firmware and doesn't now then I'd say your card has given up the ghost, might be worth trying other firmwares anyway.

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Happened to me. Get a new MicroSD it will solve your problems. I did that and it worked. Your MicroSD is broken. Try to put it into your Card reader and connect it to your computer. If that works then your thing inside your R4 is broken the thing that reads the MicroSD.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
jakob95 said:
Happened to me. Get a new MicroSD it will solve your problems. I did that and it worked. Your MicroSD is broken. Try to put it into your Card reader and connect it to your computer. If that works then your thing inside your R4 is broken the thing that reads the MicroSD.

If he's already managed to copy the firmware across then it's not the microsd card.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
There's a sticky at the top of this section for R4YSauto, have a read of it and use that to set it up. It's about the easiest way of doing it.

budrow66

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If the other firmware worked for a little while I doubt this will work but try looking at the box it came in and go to the web address on the box or bottem right of the card. If it is different than where you got your firmware from chances are you installed the wrong firmware. Very few old R4s are sold now days from places like RHS or the other sites most of them are clones or the newer M3 versions. Hope it helps.

Yyhhggtt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
budrow66 said:
If the other firmware worked for a little while I doubt this will work but try looking at the box it came in and go to the web address on the box or bottem right of the card. If it is different than where you got your firmware from chances are you installed the wrong firmware. Very few old R4s are sold now days from places like RHS or the other sites most of them are clones or the newer M3 versions. Hope it helps.
r4ds.com lol old and YSMenu fails... my r4 is DEAD.

WiiThoko

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My R4 says on the back of the plastic container thingy "R4team.com"
I got it from Realhotstuff.com and it seems legit, and runs the official r4 firmware. Is mine a fake? It works fine, I'm just wondering...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: well.. Sorta new :)