Is 'Wii Hifi' Nintendo's next big thing?

lostdwarf

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarleeds.com
XP
Country
Nintendo will not be releasing a console of similar spec to 360 or ps3. It is not logical. they are a buisness and are looking to innovate rather than copy there rivals.
The amount of money Nintendo placed into R&D the last 2 years is staggering! they have invested more into video games R&D than the UK goverment into the NHS!
3DS is obviously not the only system they are working on but it makes no sense to replace a console which is outselling the rivals by 5to1 at present. It is however not doing as well in the handheld market as they would like so I wouldnt say this HIFI stuff is fake or true, but that it is a new handheld rather than a console.

It is quite possibly the new name for the new 3DS.

I think at most we will see the new home console from them as a preview for 2012 and beyond. The new zelda game will be one of the last nintendo make for the wii though so I would predict 6 months after that is released we get a new console, or hear a lot about it.

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is just ONE thing that i hope happens with the next Nintendo console. And that is constant online connectivity. Whenever i play my Wii, i feel lonely =/. Cant tell what my friends are playing, and due to the horrible Friend Codes it takes FOREVER trying to get into the game.

They need to do something PSN/XBL style

MissingNo._

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20100616/tc_nm/us_e3_nintendo_5
smileipb2.png

geoflcl

Permanent GBAtemp Newbie
Trophies
Website
loganderb.in
XP
Country
United States
monkat said:
They should of called it the HiiFii

Seconded. I still remember how crushed I was when I heard the word "Wii" for the first time. There was facepalm marks on my forehead for weeks.

This can't be true. First of all, the timing is ridiculous. Sony and Microsoft have no intentions of putting an new console out in that timeframe. Why not wait until everyone's ready?

Second... Why would they only upgrade to about Xbox 360 standards? If they did that, they'd yet again have the underpowered console when Sony and Microsoft release their inevitable new consoles.

This prediction is a mess. And if it is true, well then, it's been nice knowing you, Nintendo.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo