Hacking Is "WarioWare: Touched! DL" the same as other DSiWare?

Blundermann

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WarioWare: Touched! DL is being distributed via My Nintendo.
I snagged a copy and noticed the 3D "cartridge" is black instead of white like other DSiWare.

itEdC5r.png

Is it the same as other DSiWare, just with a different game? Could it possibly be injectable?

EDIT: Pardon me, I meant to post this in Hacking & Homebrew; my mistake. If a mod could please move this, that'd be great.

Last edited by Blundermann,

Caseyfam

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We can't inject other DS games. This is basically a port of the DS game to DSiWare format. Without the source code to the game you want to convert, you're out of luck, end of discussion.

Reactions: Bubsy Bobcat

DSoryu

GBA/NDS Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
We can't inject other DS games. This is basically a port of the DS game to DSiWare format. Without the source code to the game you want to convert, you're out of luck, end of discussion.

Inb4 "DS to sourcecode then dsirepack 4 every1"

To the OP:

Your DSi ware program is black because you're using the black theme... :rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:

Blundermann

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is basically a port of the DS game to DSiWare format.
This is what I was asking about. I couldn't tell from a surface level if it was a port, or if it was using some different method of loading the game.
Thanks for your response.

Your DSi ware program is black because you're using the black theme...
How did I not put that together? I'm trippin'. Thanks.

Last edited by Blundermann,

RosalinaFan573

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is actually quite different from the US version. It has the rest of Dr. Crygor's dialogue restored and a couple of other things.

Reactions: TJF588

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country

Not true. In fact several DS demos (extracted from those carts that served download play demos in stores) have been converted to DSiWare cias already. The problem with most if not all full DS games is that they will try to read data (and write their save data) to the cart which obviously doesn't exist for DSiWare. Though it wouldn't be easy, they could be made to work in a similar way that the GBA slot DS flash carts worked, by patching the game in memory to read/write using the SD card rather than the DS slot cart. Unfortunately I don't think the source code for the M3 Perfect, Supercard, or Max Overload were ever released so it would require a major reverse engineering project (though since the max media dock is fairly well understood, Max Overload would probably be the best target for RE).

Reactions: N7Kopper and cearp

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Only thing you catch are STDs. +1