Is this store safe at all

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by Swauny Jones, Mar 26, 2014.

1. Swauny Jones
    OP

Swauny Jones Member

Newcomer
    Mar 25, 2014
    Canada
    T.O.
    The fact they have an option to provide games as well has me nervous. Anybody here have experience with this site and find it trustworthy at all??

r4card.ca

2. migles

migles Mei the sexiest bae

GBAtemp Patron
    migles is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    my dad works for nintendo.
    dat pokeyman lugias ocean version, or blue sea :/

3. Swauny Jones
    OP

Swauny Jones Member

Newcomer
    Mar 25, 2014
    Canada
    T.O.
    HUH?!? am I missing something here??

I'm trying to find a reliable place to get an R4i card which is why I'm asking. I have no interest of getting roms from these folks.

4. Arras

Arras GBAtemp Guru

Sep 14, 2010
    Netherlands
    Try nds-card.com. I've also heard good things about zhuzhuchina and realhotstuff.

Swauny Jones likes this.
  5. Swauny Jones
    OP

Swauny Jones Member

Newcomer
    Mar 25, 2014
    Canada
    T.O.

Is there a particular card you would recommend. I recently purchased two DSi XL's for my daughters and wanna set this up for them for their BDay's.

6. Arras

Arras GBAtemp Guru

Sep 14, 2010
    Netherlands
    For that the R4i Gold is probably the best. I'm not sure which version you need exactly though, because there's a million cards with R4 in the name, all looking and being named slightly different, most of them being crap. I THINK this is the one but you'll want to wait for someone else to come along and confirm that. The Supercard DS2 is another good choice, but I'd mostly recommend that if you are actually planning on using the extra features it offers because it's a fair bit more expensive.

Swauny Jones likes this.
  7. migles

migles Mei the sexiest bae

GBAtemp Patron
    migles is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    my dad works for nintendo.
    they apparently sell fake games... if you see in the gba section there is some botlegs... i don't know if this means they can be trusted or not, since a fake website usually will try to keep the legit look.. and posting botlegs games are not a way to do it

i also recommend nds-card or realhotstuff they had been reliable and trusted in gbatemp

Swauny Jones likes this.
  8. Swauny Jones
    OP

Swauny Jones Member

Newcomer
    Mar 25, 2014
    Canada
    T.O.
    Thanks for all your help guys. This is a whole new world opened up to me and I honestly can't wait to delve into things. I'm especially looking forward to learning to mod a game or two shown in the other threads for my kiddies to personalize their experience. I feel like a kid in a candy store again. LOL!!!

9. Swauny Jones
    OP

Swauny Jones Member

Newcomer
    Mar 25, 2014
    Canada
    T.O.
    So I finally received my R4i Gold cards from the site you guys referred to me. Thanks a lot by the way. Is there a thread showing exactly how to set this all up? I wanna make sure I get this right the first time through LOL!!! Any help will be greatly appreciated.