ROM Hack Is this possible?

plasma

GBAtemp's Artificial Lifeform
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Right, I want to remain playing the Japanese Black 2 but with all English Text, Pokemon etc etc

Is it possible to change the region of a NDS Rom or make it so I can play the JP ver but in full english?

This is similar to the first HG Translation right? so the best way is just a file replace?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want to continue playing the Japanese version because you have a save file you want to continue playing on, the save files should be interchangeable. Someone correct me if I'm mistaken.

andibad

Soon™
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
most of pokemon games in different language used shared save file since these still using same save structure. so you can used your save BW JP on US or another language version. is must same their family like BW2 JP with BW2 US. it will work fine.

if you want replacing resource on BW2 JP into BW2 US without modify a header, well you was broken your rom.

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Get the Pokemon Black 2 (U) rom and just change your save file name to the same name as the rom, so you can use your save file with your US ou European or whatever rom.

Vampire Lied

Resident sociopath
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The b2/w2 translation is out there but wasn't completed and never will be afaik. Using the translation in its current state is your best bet.

plasma

GBAtemp's Artificial Lifeform
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Gah, thats not it.

Can I just get the Japanese ROM and the EU/US ROM , then extract the US ROM Contents and repack them into the JP Rom? but what is the file for the Japanese header/DW?

twistedfatal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Nope You Can't Simply Copy The Entire Content From Us Rom To Jap Rom Because That Will Corrupt The Rom. Also The Japanese Text Is More Then Likely Smaller Then The English Text

Because The Japanese Text Is Symbols? Which Means a Single Japanese Word Can Possibly Mean A Few English Words. (Hence The Reason Why You Only Get 7 characters For Player Name In jpan rom And 9/10 Characters In Eng Rom)

I Don't Actually Know Any Japanese So My Statement Chould Be Incorrect. but I Do Know That You Can't Copy 1 Rom Into The Other Without Corrupting The New Rom (Where The New Rom Is The English Files Copyied Into The Jpan Rom)

I Dont Undestand Why You Don't Just Use The Eng Games since You Can Use The Same Save File Like Most People Said

Theirs No Difference Between The 2 Games Except The Text

And You Say You Want To Connect To Japanese Dreamworld. Why not Use A Tool To Get What You Need <-- Yea Its Not Legit. But nor Is Using A Rom Either

You Want A Pokemon With A Special Ability - (Use My Stats Editor)

You Want A Pokemon With A Special Attack - (Use My Moveset Editor When Its Released Or If You Do Want This Then Reply And I will Tell You How To Do This. Or You Can Use Pokemon Rom Changer Or Pokegen)

You Want A Special Pokemon - (Use Pokegen To Create One)

Note: Special = Dream World

These Are To Only Reasons I Chould See That You Need The Japanese Dream World For. Which Can All Be Fixed By Doing It Yourself On An Eng Rom

You Have 5 Options

Option 1. Create The Stuff You Need In The Eng Rom I Mentioned Above

Option 2. Learn Japanese

Option 3. Delete Pokemon And Move Onto Another Game

Option 4. Throw Your Nintendo Ds Out Of The Window Along with The Game (If You Own Both) And Move Onto An Xbox 360 Or Ps3 Or Pc And Play Battlefield 3 Or Skyrim

Option 5. Use Explosion Attack (Not Recommended)

Reactions: assassin98

assassin98

Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
You can download the english version ,then use your japenese save file on the english version. it might work...i did this with black 1

Devilkid32177

Trophies
Website
Facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Gah, thats not it.

Can I just get the Japanese ROM and the EU/US ROM , then extract the US ROM Contents and repack them into the JP Rom? but what is the file for the Japanese header/DW?

using the tools for the translation project, if you're able to get a hold of the last english patch that was released and use the hacking tool on a US or EU rom and remove the english parts and adjust it to fit with it the japanese rom but there could be a lot of errors doing it though, fair warning on that

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: @The Real Jdbye @SylverReZ @Xdqwerty :creep: +1