Hardware Is this possible?

Awakendarknezz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was wondering if there is any media player for the Wii that could play files from an usb devices ala a hard drive, i`m wondering because if it is possible i`ll get a 1tb hard drive fill it up and say bye bye to my cable services anyways ^^ thanks in advanced for any response and i`m guessing this is the right section on the wii board to post it, if not i apologize.
moogle.gif

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
WiiMC's your best bet, but u have plenty of other options

MPlayer CE
GeeXBox
MPlayer
Dragon Media Player (think this one is only music though)

edit: if u go for the WiiMC, stay away from the LAST release, get the second latest release (v1.04), u also need cIOS202 installed, but again, stay away from the latest cIOS202 installer for WiiMC, use the second latest one, or install the cIOS202 base 57 using NUSAD (from my signature) or using Hermes cIOS installer v5

Awakendarknezz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks guys for the reply and for the warning but i was wondering is there any way to check which CIOS are installed on a wii? i installed a load of stuff when i added homebrew and the backup loader ect, so i just want to be careful i don`t know if reinstalling stuff again could brick the machine. If CIOS 202 has no relation to the backup loaders and ect then sorry for my newbness
happy.gif
`and XFlak i will use the NUSAD thanks.
yaywii.gif

Burton

Real Life VIP and Educator
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Arikado's DOP_IOS can tell you what cios you have installed. Cios 202 does not work directly with usb loaders, however the latest cios used by WiiMC has a negative effect over external usb drives making them unaccessible for usb loaders as reported by most forum members.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=urglg3WimHA&list=RDPKZFk5t3czs&index=12&pp=8AUB