Is this possible?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by Awakendarknezz, Jul 21, 2010.

Jul 21, 2010

Is this possible? by Awakendarknezz at 4:09 AM (754 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. Awakendarknezz
    OP

Newcomer Awakendarknezz Member

United States
    I was wondering if there is any media player for the Wii that could play files from an usb devices ala a hard drive, i`m wondering because if it is possible i`ll get a 1tb hard drive fill it up and say bye bye to my cable services anyways ^^ thanks in advanced for any response and i`m guessing this is the right section on the wii board to post it, if not i apologize. [​IMG]

2. XFlak

Member XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Canada
    WiiMC's your best bet, but u have plenty of other options

MPlayer CE
    GeeXBox
    MPlayer
    Dragon Media Player (think this one is only music though)

edit: if u go for the WiiMC, stay away from the LAST release, get the second latest release (v1.04), u also need cIOS202 installed, but again, stay away from the latest cIOS202 installer for WiiMC, use the second latest one, or install the cIOS202 base 57 using NUSAD (from my signature) or using Hermes cIOS installer v5

3. Burton

Member Burton Real Life VIP and Educator

Puerto Rico
    Dude, WiiMC at website can do that.

Hehe Xflak posted one sec before me LOL

4. Awakendarknezz
    OP

Newcomer Awakendarknezz Member

United States
    Thanks guys for the reply and for the warning but i was wondering is there any way to check which CIOS are installed on a wii? i installed a load of stuff when i added homebrew and the backup loader ect, so i just want to be careful i don`t know if reinstalling stuff again could brick the machine. If CIOS 202 has no relation to the backup loaders and ect then sorry for my newbness [​IMG]`and XFlak i will use the NUSAD thanks. [​IMG]

5. Burton

Member Burton Real Life VIP and Educator

Puerto Rico
    Arikado's DOP_IOS can tell you what cios you have installed. Cios 202 does not work directly with usb loaders, however the latest cios used by WiiMC has a negative effect over external usb drives making them unaccessible for usb loaders as reported by most forum members.